Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow Releasing Zombie On Blu-ray

I've actually gotten a lot better about OCD/collector stuff this last year or so. Three years back, yeah, I'd have bought this 'to have it' and now, I guess since I'm more or less out of space and realizing that I don't need seven copies of one movie to be happy, it's less important. If it were a different version, maybe, and if the transfer smokes the BU release, maybe - but I'm not double dipping because of the extras on this one.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Dig the steelbook packaging!

Name:  zombie.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  17.9 KB

Extras:

• Brand new high definition restoration of the original negative.
    • Optional English SDH subtitles on the feature
    • Audio commentary with screenwriter Elisa Briganti moderated by Calum Waddell
    • Audio commentary with Fulci biographer Stephen Thrower and horror expert Alan Jones
    • UK exclusive introduction to the film from Ian McCulloch
    • ALIENS, CANNIBALS AND ZOMBIES: A TRILOGY OF ITALIAN TERROR: Actor Ian McCulloch remembers his three classics of Latin horror lunacy - ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS, CONTAMINATION and ZOMBI HOLOCAUST
    • FROM ROMERO TO ROME: THE RISE AND FALL OF THE ITALIAN ZOMBIE FILM: Veteran Fulci screenwriters Dardano Sacchetti (THE BEYOND) and Antonio Tentori (CAT IN THE BRAIN), celebrated UK critic Kim Newman and filmmakers Luigi Cozzi (CONTAMINATION), Ruggero Deodato (CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST) and Russ Streiner (NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD) share memories of the genesis of corpse-crunching cinema - from Romero's early templates to the gory glory days of Fulci and his many successors.
    • THE MEAT MUNCHING MOVIES OF GINO ROSSI: The special effects magician behind many Italian splatter classics talks about his most famous gore-drenched greats - and shows props from many plasma-packed masterworks - including ZOMBIE FLESH-EATERS, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY, CANNIBAL FEROX, BURIAL GROUND and PIRANHA II.
    • MUSIC FOR A FLESH-FEAST: Composer Fabio Frizzo - Live Q&A from the Glasgow Film Theatre
    • ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS - FROM SCRIPT TO SCREEN: Dardano Sacchetti shows key pages from his original ISLAND OF THE LIVING DEAD screenplay.
    • Trailer and radio spots
    • Collectors booklet featuring contributions from Calum Waddell, Stephen Thrower, Craig Lapper and Jay Slater.
    • Limited Edition with exclusive artwork
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Nice! Is that original artwork from some foreign movie poster?
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

It doesn't look familiar and it says exclusive artwork in the specs, so probably not. Arrow usually uses newly commissioned artwork.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Oh, that kinda sucks.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

It's better than some shitty Photoshop job trying to capitalize on current zombie ca-ca covers or posters.

I wouldn't have said I had any need of another copy of this one...but that steelbook is pretty damn tempting.

Heads up for those region locked A, the licensor is making Arrow region lock this:
    Very sorry to have to report bad news, but unfortunately at a recent meeting with Variety Communications, the worldwide rights holders to ZOMBI 2 / ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS we were told we must region code the film to European region 2 for DVD, B for Blu-ray. Unfortunately this is a contractual stipulation that we cannot get out of. Apologies for those in other regions who have pre-ordered and will possibly be facing disappointment. We can only say that this might be a good time to get that region free player – our release is scanned from the original negative and will display a greater sharpness and quality, as well as more picture information, than any other release previously available. We are entering final stages of our restoration now and hope to be unveiling more info and pictures soon.
    Last edited by Derrick King; 10-11-2012 at 07:11 PM.

I'm not surprised on that call.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Arrow Releasing Zombie On Blu-ray

It all looked cool until Waddy showed up.

I "might" pick this up. Does anyone think it will best the BU transfer?