Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy DVD & Blu-ray Deals!

Die Hard 25th Anniversary Blu-ray Set is 58% off today - $25 for Die Hard / Die Hard 2: Die Harder / Die Hard with a Vengeance / Live Free or Die Hard / Decoding Die Hard.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

That fancy Ben Hur super deluxe 50th Anniversary Blu-ray is 59% off and selling for $26.49 today.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Not sure how the quality will stack up, but I understand they've used the same transfers, and so I've just purchased The Twilight Zone Season 1 and 2 from amazon.co.uk. All of the seasons come out wayyyyyyy cheaper than their US counterparts...I got Season 1 and 2 on blu for 55 dollars with shipping, or 27 dollars apiece. These discs are labelled as being Region Free.

I think they're identical to the US releases, Mark. They're lovely sets, it has to be said.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

In that case, I'm buying the U.K. editions of THE TWILIGHT ZONE before amazon raises the price.

Thanks for the alert, gents.

Max Fleischer's animated masterpiece GULLIVER'S TRAVELS (1939) has never had a proper transfer despite the claims of Koch, Legend, and other labels. Until now. Thunderbeam Animation acquired an original dye transfer print. Just look at these frame captures:

http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php?topic=1283.0

People sound very enthused about it. I sent my $16 to Steve Stanchfield's paypal addy.
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

It is currently out of stock, but Arrow's OBSESSION Blu-ray is, including shipping, about $14.50 at Amazon.co.uk. I don't know how many copies they have left sitting in a warehouse, but Arrow mentioned on their facebook page that the next pressing will not include the screenplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
    I think they're identical to the US releases, Mark. They're lovely sets, it has to be said.
    I almost bought all 5 seasons at once, but it wouldn't have been financially responsible at this time. Besides, Season 1 and 2 are essential viewing, IMO....later seasons had some awesome episodes, but the first 2 are just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    I almost bought all 5 seasons at once, but it wouldn't have been financially responsible at this time. Besides, Season 1 and 2 are essential viewing, IMO....later seasons had some awesome episodes, but the first 2 are just amazing.
    I've bought them all over the past year or so, once they've dropped to £20 or less. I love the series, and these are great sets: the presentation of the episodes is top notch, and they're packed full of bonus material. You won't regret buying them
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

I bought seasons 1, 2 and 3. I hope the price is still low next month so that I can get seasons 4 and 5. I've been eyeballing The Twilight Zone regularly on amazon and elsewhere for quite awhile hoping for a good price, but never. So I'm just as happy to get the U.K. editions. The program had a profound impact on my childhood and it still amazes me.
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard--W View Post
    I bought seasons 1, 2 and 3. I hope the price is still low next month so that I can get seasons 4 and 5. I've been eyeballing The Twilight Zone regularly on amazon and elsewhere for quite awhile hoping for a good price, but never. So I'm just as happy to get the U.K. editions. The program had a profound impact on my childhood and it still amazes me.
    Agreed. I wanted to get 3 as well, but I just ordered a Lynch boxset on the weekend and thought it best to wait for a few. I love the show, the DVD sets were great, can't wait to check out the blu...but that price tag on amazon.com was bothering me a fair bit. 60 bucks, no.