Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Franchise That Will Not Die - Wrong Turn!

I got a kick out of him in Feast where he was running around in pink track pants.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I saw WRONG TURN 3 and 4 today for 5 bucks each and I said dayum, inbred cannibal hillbilly sequels at 5 bones?!? GIMME!! Haha, I have some good late nite watching for the weekend. Looking foward to 4 in particular.

Definitely post your thoughts once you get to them!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I will!

Watched 4 first, it wasn't bad. It's okay for a DTV sequel, lots and lots of gore and that black humor Ian mentioned. My buddy Gary gives it thumbs down but it worked well enough for me on that level, though it doesn't hold a candle to the first one. I did like the setting and the snowy isolation. Some horrible CG blood in one part though...ugh. Overall worth a watch I'd say.

Glad you had fun with it. The location plays a big part in making it work for me. I'm a sucker for creepy hospitals and stuff.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    Watched 4 first, it wasn't bad. It's okay for a DTV sequel, lots and lots of gore and that black humor Ian mentioned. My buddy Gary gives it thumbs down but it worked well enough for me on that level, though it doesn't hold a candle to the first one. I did like the setting and the snowy isolation. Some horrible CG blood in one part though...ugh. Overall worth a watch I'd say.
    I'll be interested in how WT3 Left For Dead hits you. Without giving anything away it was doing great and then a dumb ass script move/change took me right out of it. Still like it better than 4 but it could have been a lot better.

Watched 3, meh, I think this is the weakest entry. The Hispanic con got on my nerves with his constant screaming "come on motherfucker I'll kill you with my bare hands!!!" And Three Fingers' makeup looked very cheap, it looked like a mask in a lot of shots. Only having him and not more ICH (inbred cannibal hillbillies) was kinda a drag too. The one weak sister who got his head lopped off doesn't count. Too many endings too.

Yeah the last ending negated the last half of the movie and pissed me off.

Specs and cover art courtesy of Fangoria for the upcoming release of Wrong Turn 5.

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment releases WRONG TURN 5: BLOODLINES unrated on DVD, Blu-ray and digital copy October 23. Once again written and directed by series regular Declan O’Brien, this installment is set in a small mining town in the midst of celebrating their Mountain Festival, where the costumed partiers (and, of course, some visiting college students) become the prey of the cannibal brood, with HELLRAISER veteran Bradley in the role of “Maynard.” The movie will be presented in 1.78:1 widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 sound on the DVD and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio on the Blu-ray, plus the following special features:

•Audio commentary by O’Brien
    •Director’s Die-aries
    •“A Day in the Death” featurette
    •”Hillbilly Kills” featurette

Name:  wrongturn5etcdiscnews1.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  78.9 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!