Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daimajin Blu-ray Triple Feature Coming 9/18/12

My set arrived today and I watched the trailers and sampled each movie. What I've seen looks absolutely stunning. The running times on Majin and Wrath are longer than what is stated on the cover.
    "Freddie's on the corner now. If you wanna be a junkie wow!"

October 16th release date at amazon.ca. Drat.

One of the best deals I've scored all year considering its low price to high quality product ratio! It's easily worth twice the price just on entertainment value alone. Watched the entire trilogy in one sitting with the missus the other night and we were both absolutely engrossed in it.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

One of the better all around blu ray packages of the year.
    "Freddie's on the corner now. If you wanna be a junkie wow!"

I got mine and was happy to see it's on 2 discs ( for some reason I was expecting 1 ).
    Absolutely a great set and at the sale prices currently available, a major bargain.

Watched the first movie last night, very nice presentation. Good detail, good colors. A bit soft in some spots but that's how it was shot, I'd guess. The movie itself holds up really well. The last fifteen minutes are pretty much a textbook example of how to do giant monsters right.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Watched the first movie last night, very nice presentation. Good detail, good colors. A bit soft in some spots but that's how it was shot, I'd guess. The movie itself holds up really well. The last fifteen minutes are pretty much a textbook example of how to do giant monsters right.
    I hadn't seen any of these before, but I watched the first entry tonight. I have to say I was very impressed. As you say in your review, the pace drags in a couple of spots in the middle, but the last twenty minutes is absolutely wonderful. The special effects are astonishingly good. I hate to say this, as a lifelong Godzilla fan, but the effects in this were considerably more convincing than anything Toho was doing at the time. (Granted the Toho stuff was much larger in scope, but still...)

Definitely look forward to seeing the other two in the series in the near future...

Glad you dug it! And the pacing is, I think, actually quite a bit better in the sequels, so if you dug the first movie it's a pretty safe bet that you'll feel the same way about the others.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I just wanted to post this picture I found on twitter.

Name:  B4y0pd3CYAAAd3E.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  61.5 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

That's fun. Thanks for sharing!