Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story

After finding out that the writers didn’t plan full seasons, but wrote episode-by-episode, two things became clear to me: 1) The reason season 1 felt like they didn’t know what they were doing and just made it up as they went was correct. 2) It wasn’t worth watching, since nothing made sense three episodes into season two.

The whole thing reminded me of the bizarre, rambling versions of the “Why did the chicken cross the road?” joke my daughter loved to tell when she was 3. Those often involved zombies, alien abductions, explosions, flash floods, conga lines composed of babies and bizarre creatures, and puppies. Yes, my daughter was a rad little kid, but I expect more coherence from paid adult professionals.

I don't get the feeling the series cares one whit for coherence and that doesn't bother me.

Still liking it. Twists and turns abound that make no sense (yet).
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

It's getting more interesting. I'm kind of pissed that they beat me to it with the idea of two serial killers meeting and duking it out. Which I guess was already done in that POS Dahmer VS Gacy but I digress.

Alejandro Jodorowsky

I tried to watch the new series. Couldn't get through the first episode.

Not everything can be Jason Lives, Mark.

Alejandro Jodorowsky

True

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    I tried to watch the new series. Couldn't get through the first episode.
    Ditto. I've never gotten through a series of AHS but I thought a slasher one might be worth a look. I couldn't get my head around what type of story this was supposed to be. Homage? Send up? Felt like Cabin In The Woods without the humour or the smarts.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    It's getting more interesting. I'm kind of pissed that they beat me to it with the idea of two serial killers meeting and duking it out. Which I guess was already done in that POS Dahmer VS Gacy but I digress.
    That reminds me of the Larry Cohen MASTERS OF HORROR episode called Pick Me Up.
    VHS will never die!

It's almost finished. Two more episodes left in the season, I think. It's so retarded but compared to the wide pantheon of slasher trash it's decent. Enjoyable. Dylan Mcdermott is awesome.

I'm never watching this show ever again after this season.

Alejandro Jodorowsky