Thread: Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark Coming To TV

Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark Coming To TV

"Now that he’s won the Academy Award for Best Director, Guillermo del Toro has considerably more leeway to see his passion projects through to completion. The first of those is “Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark,” an adaptation of the bestselling book series by Alvin Schwartz that del Toro will co-write and produce. “The Autopsy of Jane Doe” helmer André Øvredal is directing the project, which CBS Films and Entertainment One just announced they’ll be co-financing."

More here:

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/04/sca...al-1201958146/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Nice.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I saw this, and, I thought it sucked. 3/10. If I were younger, let's say 10 years old, maybe I'd enjoyed it a bit more, and a 5/10.

I knew I was in for a bit of trouble at the start, when the Nixon posters are shown with swastikas scribbled on them, and the bully is the guy signing up for the army. I was thinking, this movie may involve shoving some political things in people's faces.

Yeah, about all it references from 1968 are the cars and such. Drive-in is showing Night of the Living Dead. Yeah, that movie was around at that time, also, no royalties to pay on that.... The movie has nothing much else referencing that time and place, unlike Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. The only thing I heard on the radio, and most of the time on TV was Nixon stuff, and Vietnam war stuff. Tricky Dick, yuck president Nixon, darn war, etc. I was thinking, ok, yeah, this took place a bit during this time, but, why in this PG-13 movie? It's about the Scary Stories books, right?

Oh, and the Mexican kid that helps the other kids. He rolls into town, and immediately called beaner, wet-back, etc.... Oh, and he's a draft dodger, but, at the end of the movie, he, "Does the right thing", and shows everybody he won't dodge anymore, and get on that bus.

Why is all this shit in the Scary Stories movie? No wonder it's not a nice 90 minute romp. Even then, it would suck.

Ok, let's go with the Harold story, and that fat woman story. You know how those monsters get their victims? Everyplace they turn, the monsters teleport closer and closer. What the fuck? That's it? No actual stalking of the victim? Just, turn that way and DARN, monster, I'll go the other way. DARN same monster, only closer.

What they should have done, is like Tales from the Crypt, Tales from the Hood, Creepshow, whatever, and had some kids find a book, tell some stories, and have it all get wrapped together.

I saw this, because I saw it brought in 20 million on the weekend. i thought it would tank, and I wasn't too sure of it. But,a fter that, I thought, "Maybe I am missing something, here......." Well, miss this movie. Catch it on the cheap when it goes to rental or streaming.

It's cliche to say, but, yeah, the books are better.