Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Deadwood is rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    As surprising as it was to see Jeffrey Jones appear, it almost felt like a contractual obligation, he just sorta popped up on the outskirts.
    Mixed emotions about seeing him in this. It seems, at least, he wasn't a repeat offender but what he did was clearly horrible and wrong. Still, the incident happened in 2002 and Deadwood didn't start until 2004, so if he was going to be in the series it isn't surprising, to me at least, he was in the movie. I always liked him as an actor, but yeah.... creepy motherfucker.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Mixed emotions about seeing him in this. It seems, at least, he wasn't a repeat offender but what he did was clearly horrible and wrong. Still, the incident happened in 2002 and Deadwood didn't start until 2004, so if he was going to be in the series it isn't surprising, to me at least, he was in the movie. I always liked him as an actor, but yeah.... creepy motherfucker.
    Thing was, he was barely guilty when Deadwood premiered, so you have to figure, dude just got convicted, and now all of these people have to work with him. Not a repeat offender or not, he solicited a minor to take nude photos, so yeah....fuck that guy.

Oh yeah, not defending him at all but the fact remains they didn't ditch him at the time so it wasn't a complete shock that he showed up in the movie for 30 seconds or so.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Oh yeah, not defending him at all but the fact remains they didn't ditch him at the time so it wasn't a complete shock that he showed up in the movie for 30 seconds or so.
    Ah. Didn't think you were defending him, but didn't quite get what you were saying.

It's all good.

Also HBO released the soundtrack today.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I miss Ralph Richardson.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    One thing that was amazing about this is that they instantly ramped up the hatred for Hearst again, almost immediately. Watching the series, that was a slow burn, they definitely kick it into high gear right out of the gate. Amazing that we can return to these same characters years later and still feel instantly comfortable with them.
    Personally, I wouldn't have had it any other way, plus after the last season how could anyone not hate Hearst. Top cocksucker.

And yeah, the one of the biggest plusses for me was it didn't feel at all like 12 years had gone by. I caught it last night and watching Deadwood at 9PM on a Sunday night just felt natural.
    Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: The Gladiator (Abel Ferrara, 1986)

I've been re-re-re-watching before I watch the movie. Best show ever. Some of the shit the grotesque names Farnum says kills me. "I've been prostrated by the agonies of the damned."

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I miss Ralph Richardson.
    I didn't know he died. Young too.

I didn't know that, either. Loved his character.