Thread: Psychedelic Sex Vampires - Jean Rollin Cinema

Psychedelic Sex Vampires - Jean Rollin Cinema

Saw this listed in the new Previews, there's also a preorder page for it at Amazon. I wonder if this will be worth getting, the author is Jack Hunter who also did the recent Tokyo Grindhouse book. There's some question about this being a pseudonym among other things. 96 pages and 140 photographs according to Previews. At least it might be cool for those if nothing else.

Name:  psv.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  22.1 KB

Considering 47lab's comments on the Tokyo Grindhouse book here, I'm less excited about this than I would be otherwise. This'll all hinge on the photos for me. I'd love a nice quality photo heavy book on Rollin's work.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I found a copy of that Tokyo Grindhouse in a bookstore and was very happy I hadn't pulled the trigger on it via Amazon.

Posting this here as well, I just discovered this site: http://www.creationbooksfraud.com

Seems well documented that 'Jack Hunter' is a crook and Creation Books a shady scam.

Plenty of reasons not to support this company. A shame.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Holy shit, is that the same Creation Books that had the Creation Cinema line? They put out the book Taste of Blood about HG Lewis, Meat Is Murder!, Killing For Culture, Satanic Screen, etc? I loved a lot of those books, and own quite a few of them, and was actually hoping to pick up all the ones I hadn't read yet. That's horrible to hear that it's been a scam from the beginning, because a lot of those authors he has released have done some GREAT books. Major, major bummer.