Thread: Thing Reboot In The Works

Thing Reboot In The Works

So says John Carpenter.

"The latest news of another potential Thing comes from a blood test that Variety conducted with John Carpenter (who made the ‘82 version), who turned into a horrible tentacled monster with mouths where there shouldn’t be mouths when he was brought near an open flame. Actually, Variety just asked him if he was planning to work with Jason Blum and the horror people at his Blumhouse studio again (they’re behind the new sequels to Carpenter’s Halloween), which prompted Carpenter to reveal that he thinks Blum is “going to be working on The Thing, rebooting The Thing” and that Carpenter himself is “involved with that, maybe.” It’s the perfect kind of non-answer you’d expect from the thing from The Thing, and while it’s barely any information at all, it does more or less line up with a rumor we heard back in January about Universal and Blumhouse working on a new version of The Thing."

More here.

https://news.avclub.com/john-carpent...lly-1844845222
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I thought you meant Things from 89.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Oops, typo. Fixed that.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Carpenter's involvement may just extend to cashing a cheque and getting his son to write the score for him.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

It can't be any more bland and disposable than that 2011 prequel or whatever the hell that was. More CGI please.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    It can't be any more bland and disposable than that 2011 prequel or whatever the hell that was. More CGI please.
    I may be the only fan the 2011 version has, but... I dig it.
    It's not destined to be a classic, but I found it entertaining enough to buy the blu after seeing it theatrically.