Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any LIFEFORCE fans out there?

Any LIFEFORCE fans out there?

Watched this on Netflix in lovely HD recently and had a blast.

Stupid stupid stupid but wildly entertaining. And words cannot describe the thermonuclear hotness that is Mathilda May.

The climax is sheer insanity and I love the fact that Steve Railsback SCREAMS practically every one of his lines.

Where is the Blu Ray?

I haven't seen this in years but remember it being fun. I'd spring for a Blu-ray, I remember it having a lot of very cool visuals.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Any LIFEFORCE fans out there?

It has really amazing set design with the vampire space ship and the desiccated corpses are a nice macabre touch.

And finally there is this:

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346956015.459286.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  22.4 KB

I can tell by the space clock on the space wall that picture was taken at 2 o'clock.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I can dig it. I need to watch this one again too, it's been a long time. I like Steve Railsback, even if he's rather manic here. This is another film that got a large push in Fangoria, I remember being surprised when it came and went so fast in theaters. Another reason this is cool is the great British actor Frank Finlay is in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    I can tell by the space clock on the space wall that picture was taken at 2 o'clock.
    There is a clock in that picture? Also, there is a wall in that picture?

God, Mathilda May! I thoroughly enjoy LIFEFORCE. It was a hoot and a holler to see it in a crowded theater when it was new. The DVD is okay. I'd buy the blu-ray in half a heartbeat.

I understand there is a longer version than we got here in the USA, correct? Has anyone seen the longer version? Does it contain more of Mathilda?

Everyone should check out Mathilda May in the French-Argentine noir NAKED TANGO (1991). She performs the tango au naturale. I read somewhere she is a professional dance instructor who runs a dance school in France and occasionally she made a movie.

Do post more screen grabs. But do we really need the "sexy lady parts" sign? I mean, we all know about these things.
    Last edited by Richard--W; 09-06-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

I have always loved this movie.

Even the scenes without the naked Ms May.

Totally underrated movie. Not sure why it got so much hate when it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard--W View Post
    I understand there is a longer version than we got here in the USA, correct? Has anyone seen the longer version? Does it contain more of Mathilda?
    The longer version is (I think) the European cut, which is the cut used on the MGM dvd and widescreen Laserdisc. The short version is the US cut that played here theatrically. Most of the cuts were made for shortening the running time, it seems, not necessarily for nudity or gore effects. I think the sequence of the astronauts boarding the alien craft was structured a bit differently, for example. It would be cool to see a list of the differences between the cuts. A blu-ray would be more than welcome, especially if it was loaded with extras!