Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ed Wood's Take It Out In Trade (Merged)

Ed Wood's Take It Out In Trade (Merged)

So AGFA had a special screening today at Fantastic Fest, an unannounced title.

According to twitter, it's Ed Wood's Take It Out In Trade.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0350184/

No idea if that means they've got it for Blu-ray release, but we can hope...
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

From your fingers to God's ears...

This is just about the only Ed Wood film to have never seen a home video release (of the Wood films that aren't considered lost).

The film was reportedly screened by the Anthology Film Archives of New York, several years ago. The film is not lost, but it would seem that the person who owns the rights and/or the film elements may want more money for it than the homevideo labels have been willing to pay. This is my speculation.

Back in the 1990's, Something Weird Video did release a collection of silent outtakes from the film, which displayed Wood regular Duke Moore, softcore vet Monica Gayle, and of course Ed in drag. That's all that has appeared on home video regarding this film. The time has come to release it, while Wood is still something of a hot commodity.

I hope very much that AGFA/SWV can release it on home video, but who knows if that's possible?
    Last edited by Jobla; 06-22-2018 at 05:40 PM.

Good news here. A spokesman for Alamo Drafthouse has emailed me that AGFA/SWV will indeed release TAKE IT OUT IN TRADE on Blu-ray sometime in 2018!

This is another film, like PRIVATE PROPERTY and RAT FINK, that I never thought I would get to see.

Awesome. Hopefully they'll include the outtakes that SWV put out on DVD-R as well.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Supplements haven't been announced, but Wood biographer Rudolph Grey will be involved. I'm sure that SWV still owns those outtakes, so that would be a great addition to the festivities.

A SWV spokesperson emailed me today that TAKE IT OUT IN TRADE is planned for a Blu-ray release in November of 2018, from AGFA/SWV. With Christmas following in December, TRADE might become a popular "stocking stuffer."

Take It Out In Trade BD

That's a wrap! This week, we finished production work for the upcoming AGFA + Something Weird Video Blu-ray/DVD combo of Ed Wood's long-lost-now-found TAKE IT OUT IN TRADE. Clear your calendar on 11/13/18

AGFA confirmed on FB that the outtakes will be included and that the co-feature will be The Love Feast starring Ed Wood.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

This is great news. As a big fan of the late great Ed Wood, I cannot wait to see this. Thanks for posting.

Although I have Blu-ray, I'm very glad to hear that AGFA will release it as a DVD/BD package. The film hasn't been accessible anywhere (other than a one-off screening at New York's Anthology Film Archives several years ago) in decades, and not everybody has Blu-ray, so I think that releasing it in both formats is a sound business decision.

Great to hear that the outtakes will be included as well. They demonstrate that Wood was not always a "one-take director."

There may be a Frank Hennenlotter/Rudolph Grey audio commentary track as well, but that has yet to be confirmed.
    Last edited by Jobla; 06-22-2018 at 07:41 PM.