Page 332 of 333 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333 LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 3329

Thread: The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Some info on the Black Friday titles.

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collecti...lash-pre-order

Beastmaster UHD confirmed, Fade To Black confirmed and the 2nd Giallo boxed set.

"You’ve hopefully already explored the listing for our very first VSU release, Don Coscarelli’s THE BEASTMASTER, but that’s only a fifth of what you’ve got coming!

Next up, the world Blu-ray premier of Vernon Zimmerman’s cinephile slasher classic, FADE TO BLACK, newly restored in 4K from long believed lost pre-print elements and packed with exciting extras!

Last, for now, is our long anticipated second Giallo collection, this time featuring a trio of never on Blu and long OOP on DVD early 70s, all Italian, slasher-esque gialli, headlined by Ferdinando Merighi’s impressively sleazy and gory FRENCH SEX MURDERS, presented in its never-on-disc French version (restored from the camera negative!), which includes extensive extra nudity that’s only ever been available in low grade VHS rips. Then Tonino Valerii’s satisfyingly violent MY DEAR KILLER, in a new 4K restoration of its original negative, and lastly a rare example of a giallo directed in Italy - by an American, with William L. Rose’s ultra trashy THE GIRL IN ROOM 2A, presented in its extended Italian cut newly restored from its original negative!

But that’s not even close to being all as there’s two more titles which we’re not gonna tell you about…perhaps even the best two…the surprise titles, both of which are 80s horror must haves and include our much speculated on 3D release along with an incredible supernatural slasher. We can basically guarantee that you're not gonna be disappointed…"
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Ordered that Beatmaster release and I don't even have UHD. I hope I'm right in thinking that this has blu-ray too?

Bloody typical, I only want one film in that giallo set.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalala76 View Post
    Ordered that Beatmaster release and I don't even have UHD. I hope I'm right in thinking that this has blu-ray too?
    Yeah, it appears to be a dual-format UHD/Blu-ray

Secret Releases

As we’ve hopefully demonstrated in the past, we often save the weirdest and wildest films as surprises, and this upcoming duo will be no different, including our first ever 3D Blu-ray (don’t worry, a flat version will be included as well), of a never-on-disc early 80s horror rarity, plus a late 80s supernatural slasher that knocks the socks off of everyone who experiences it. You really can’t go wrong.
    3D: Dogs of Hell AKA Rottweiler (1983) or Tales of the Third Dimension (1984) 80s supernatural slasher: Don't Panic (1988), Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II, The Stay Awake (1988).

There is one never-on-disc slasher left. Iced (1988)?
    Last edited by demofob; 09-25-2020 at 02:11 PM.

FADE TO BLACK is the only one that interests me. I've seen BEASTMASTER way too many times.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

I thought the negative for Beastmaster was still lost just the other week? I hope they found it as they're doing a UHD. I rented this out first day when I was a kid just for Tanya Roberts.

Edit: From an interpositive.
    Last edited by agent999; 09-25-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    Bloody typical, I only want one film in that giallo set.
    MY DEAR KILLER, right? That's certainly the one that excites me the most. Terrific film, and the Morricone score is fantastic.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    MY DEAR KILLER, right? That's certainly the one that excites me the most. Terrific film, and the Morricone score is fantastic.
    Yep, although the divine Rosalba's in the other two so maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    Yep, although the divine Rosalba's in the other two so maybe...
    They're bloody awful films though.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.