Page 288 of 309 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 3082

Thread: The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Name:  vin.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  63.7 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Some possible clues as to the mystery titles in the latest newsletter...

"Hello everyone, this is just a gentle reminder that in under three days, we hope to blow your minds with our biggest and best Halfway-To-Black-Friday sale EVER!

So what else can we say to get you in the spirit? Well, since so many of you have asked for more clues on the two surprise titles, we can reveal that the answers are hiding in plain sight (depending on where you hang your hat on the internet). We hope your thirst for knowledge doesn't get you too drunk; Frank Stallone would not be happy.

And speaking of Frank (a really nice guy, by the way), we hope you're gonna get an extra kick (or punch) out of our (until Friday) cryptically named 'VSA.'

Oh, and be sure to save room in your wallet for all of the new merch we'll be dropping, including some dressings for your movie shelves."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Frank Stallone? Good movie? Does not compute haha

Night Owl specs, released in June, courtesy of Dawn Of The Discs.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  49.1 KB

And Putney Swope.

Views: 445
Size:  48.5 KB

And The Passing.

Views: 446
Size:  49.4 KB

And Taking Tiger Mountain.

Views: 444
Size:  52.3 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Over at the Bluray.com forum a lot of people are convinced that one of the secret titles is LUST IN THE DUST. Some of the Frank Stallone suggestions are intriguing - it seems that he appeared in quite a few obscure action flicks that I've never seen.

I'm getting really excited...

Re-reading the Psychotronic Video Guide cover to cover and I can say that Frank Stallone was all over the place in the 90's.
    Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Some more info about the sale, posted on the Bluray.com forum (this was only sent to yearly subscribers):

Now, some of you might have heard about that cryptic sounding 'VSA' concept. You're now going to be the very first to learn what it is. VSA stands for Vinegar Syndrome Archive and it's a new sub-line of random titles specifically intended to be sold to brick and mortar retailers and focus on films made during the golden age of direct-to-video sleaze (roughly early 80s through mid 90s). Unlike other regular releases, these films will ONLY be available through our site and actual physical retail stores. NO OTHER ONLINE RETAILERS WILL STOCK THEM and each edition will be hand numbered 2,500 units at a set price of $25 a release and fitted in a specially designed bottom loading VHS inspired hard slipcase. Due to both the sporadic nature of the releases (i.e. we don't know how often we'll be doing them) and low limited edition total, these unfortunately cannot be included with any subscription or monthly package total

direct to video sleaze in a case that is like VHS, I like the sound of this! There was so much stuff shot for direct to video in the 80's and early 90's that is not being released, I wish I had my laserdisc collection still, I used to have a lot of those types of films, I can't remember the titles now, but I had a lot of stuff like that, put out some Charles Bronson kick ass movies haha, and there was so much horror that went direct to video during that time period too. I used to rent that stuff every Friday night back then. Now I'm missing the videostores haha. I will be curious what the cases look like, and usually I don't care at all about something like that, but this sounds different and interesting.

Here's what I bought:

Savage Harbor
    Evil Town
    Sudden Fury
    Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song
    The Candy Tangerine Man/Lady Cocoa
    Fugitive Girls
    Orgy of the Dead
    The Violent Years (AGFA)

Glad I didn't pre-order the May package, I didn't want any of those (except maybe Nightbeast, but I'm satisfied with the Troma DVD).

Quote Originally Posted by Fundi View Post
    I will be curious what the cases look like, and usually I don't care at all about something like that, but this sounds different and interesting.
    Looks to me they're just cardboard slipcases but the cases pop out the bottom rather than the side