Page 238 of 238 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238
Results 2,371 to 2,378 of 2378

Thread: The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Hints for the 2 Black Friday secret titles...

Name:  4mEQyAel.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  40.7 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Fugitive Girls is coming in January.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=22399
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

In the past, it was said that there were two different cuts of FUGITIVE GIRLS, one much sexier than the other. It's been a long time since I saw the two cuts, but I seem to recall that Ed Wood himself plays two small roles in the film, and that Wood was more prominent in the less sexy cut.

I'm unfamiliar with a "Director's cut" of FUGITIVE GIRLS. Perhaps that cut combines the sexier material with the body of the regular release version of the film?

Quote Originally Posted by Jobla View Post
    In the past, it was said that there were two different cuts of FUGITIVE GIRLS, one much sexier than the other. It's been a long time since I saw the two cuts, but I seem to recall that Ed Wood himself plays two small roles in the film, and that Wood was more prominent in the less sexy cut.

I'm unfamiliar with a "Director's cut" of FUGITIVE GIRLS. Perhaps that cut combines the sexier material with the body of the regular release version of the film?
    It's somewhat confusing, but yes, there are two versions (though kinda three).
    The X rated (adults only) cut runs 96 min, and that's the longest version that ever existed and it contains both the full length sex scenes and also all of the plot scenes. That's the version we're releasing.

An approximately 10 minute shorter MPAA R cut removes all the most explicit sex bits (most notably the lengthy lesbian encounter in the jail) and that's what made it to the old DVD and possibly even some of the later VHS issues.

As for the third version, an 80s VHS release, which retitled it Women's Penitentiary VIII, includes the uncut sex scenes but cuts just over 5 min of plot, most notably the sequence involving the bikers harassing Ed Wood.

Now, the most confusing bit: The film was released initially in its R rated version as FUGITIVE GIRLS, then almost a year later in its X cut, as FIVE LOOSE WOMEN. It's unclear if the X rated cut ever played theatrically as FUGITIVE GIRLS, although this would appear to be the original title and is the title on the X rated negative. Stranger still, the R rated version has a slightly different version of the FUGITIVE GIRLS title card (different font, no copyright notice).

Great to hear that you will be releasing the longest-possible cut.

With the confusion regarding the film's titles and the title card, I wonder if FUGITIVE GIRLS was distributed as a "States' Rights" item, with local distributors allowed to select whichever title they preferred for their territories?

Hard to believe that we are nearing the 200th release for this fine label, congrats VS on being such a great and consistent company.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark C. View Post
    Hard to believe that we are nearing the 200th release for this fine label, congrats VS on being such a great and consistent company.
    I agree. Although I don't have many of their releases (I have zero interest in the x-rated titles), I have been happy with everything I have gotten from them.
    VHS will never die!

Posted on The Official VS Fan Group on FB:

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Jones
    I met with the owner of a bunch of lost exploitation and sexploitation/hardcore films today. Literally all but two films in their library have never come out on video (and those video releases were unauthorized). We will hopefully be signing an agreement soon. Although many of these films will be obscure finds, even for sleaze aficionados, they're a fascinating bunch, one of which was directed by a future oscar winner (and no, don't try to guess...his name in association with it is nowhere on the internet).