Page 294 of 303 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 3030

Thread: The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Brad Stevens mentioned how odd it was that Ferrara's name is nowhere near the 9 Lives release on FB and he literally wrote the book on Ferrara. Perhaps he's back to disowning it? He seems to go back and forth. He once brought it up himself to an interviewer and said something to the effect of "Have you seen 9 Lives? Aw man, you gotta see it! Is it on DVD? I hope not." In Stevens book he mentions that Ferrara once claimed he would only let a festival play the film in a retrospective of his work if they could find an even longer cut.
    Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: Whore (Ken Russell, 1991)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clark View Post
    Brad Stevens mentioned how odd it was that Ferrara's name is nowhere near the 9 Lives release on FB and he literally wrote the book on Ferrara. Perhaps he's back to disowning it? He seems to go back and forth. He once brought it up himself to an interviewer and said something to the effect of "Have you seen 9 Lives? Aw man, you gotta see it! Is it on DVD? I hope not." In Stevens book he mentions that Ferrara once claimed he would only let a festival play the film in a retrospective of his work if they could find an even longer cut.
    If only he did a commentary. I can only imagine his comments while he "participates" in the action.
    "Some roads you shouldn't go down."
    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse 77 View Post
    If only he did a commentary. I can only imagine his comments while he "participates" in the action.
    There's a great little anecdote in Stevens book where Ferrara recalls a theater patron giving his own commentary during the scene he's in. "DAT AIN'T NO OLD DUDE! DAS A YOUNG MUTHAFUCKA!"

what's the scene that was edited out of 9 Lives of a Wet Pussy? I see that it has been put back in the new release by VS, which I look forward to seeing. I've never seen this movie before, so glad to get to see it uncut for my first time viewing. Just was curious what was edited out? Or does anyone know? Because apparently it's always been edited out since its original release in 1980 or something like that. I thought I had seen this movie before, but I think I had it mixed up with some other movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Fundi View Post
    what's the scene that was edited out of 9 Lives of a Wet Pussy? I see that it has been put back in the new release by VS, which I look forward to seeing. I've never seen this movie before, so glad to get to see it uncut for my first time viewing. Just was curious what was edited out? Or does anyone know? Because apparently it's always been edited out since its original release in 1980 or something like that. I thought I had seen this movie before, but I think I had it mixed up with some other movie.
    I was curious about that myself...
    "Some roads you shouldn't go down."
    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Fundi View Post
    It's a rape scene I think. The Cult Epics Driller Killer has the trailer which shows a bit of it.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeth View Post
    How is Decoder? I've heard of it & I'm a fan of Blixa (at least, up until the release with pissing horse on the cover).

I'm way behind on VS releases. I didn't order anything from that last sale; I know I want Satan's Slave, Corruption of Chris Miller, & The Suckling. I guess they will wait until Black Friday. Hopefully there will not be other crap $ has to go to when the sale comes.
    watched Decoder yesterday. not bad. i enjoyed it. i think if you're a fan of some of the related music then you might enjoy it a bit. some goofy parts in there. N.U. Unruh is visible but not in the credits. i have never spotted Alex Hacke or Mark Chung but they're in there somewhere. didn't see him yesterday but i thought i had seen Blixa in there before.

fun to see people when they were younger. a goofy littleguytakesontheman movie. some good music in there.

i'll upgrade to the bluray cuz i want to see the extras. did see a DVD version on amazon that comes with a CD tho...

VS announced Savage Intruder is coming later this year.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Great news about SAVAGE INTRUDER. Current copies floating around, especially the DVD from Full Moon Pictures, are absolute crap and probably "mastered" from the old Unicorn VHS.

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    It's a rape scene I think. The Cult Epics Driller Killer has the trailer which shows a bit of it.
    Yeah, it's a girl getting chased and raped on a staircase. It's a flashback and the scene right before it was cut too. That trailer was restored and looked rather good if I recall.