Page 10 of 240 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by John Lyons View Post
    Very much back burner right now...

I'd rather do something with CORRUPTION.
    That's unfortunate considering the USA DVD is long out of print and goes for crazy money. There are non-R1 alternatives out there but a Blu ray would be ideal and probably sell decently. That's a potential kick starter setup that I'd contribute heavily to.

Regardless I think your company is terrific and I'm planning on giving you plenty of support. Any other Watkins titles like CORRUPTION or LISA I'm very interested in as well.

Re: The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Horace Cordier View Post
    ... probably sell decently...
    The words probably and sell shouldn't appear together in any good business plan. Maybe that's a good reason to keep things on the back burner?

I know the VHS edition of LHODES that ToeTag did sold pretty well, so it's definitely probable that a blu would do well. However, as Horace said, there are Non R1 options out there for people who really want to see it.

In terms of the adult Watkins stuff, I have only ever seen Midnight Heat and thought it was really good, and I've heard nothing but good things about Corruption, I'd love to see that one get a really nice release as it's completely unrepresented on legit disc, unlike LHODES.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lyons View Post
    I'd rather do something with CORRUPTION.
    Much better choice if you ask me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ehren H View Post
    I know the VHS edition of LHODES that ToeTag did sold pretty well
    but they gave an incredible work of art with it

Quote Originally Posted by Ehren H View Post
    In terms of the adult Watkins stuff, I have only ever seen Midnight Heat and thought it was really good, and I've heard nothing but good things about Corruption, I'd love to see that one get a really nice release as it's completely unrepresented on legit disc, unlike LHODES.
    As long as you pass Cosmopolitan Girls all his adult films are great one... American Babylon is his best and my version is so badly looking

Quote Originally Posted by Barry M View Post
    The words probably and sell shouldn't appear together in any good business plan. Maybe that's a good reason to keep things on the back burner?
    Well Barry considering how obscure MASSAGE PARLOR MURDERS is and it's getting a Blu release that rationale for not doing LHODES makes little to no sense. Besides, Vinegar could also just run a funding drive in which case if the money isn't raised nobody loses a dime. "Probably sell decently" is just me being unduly cautious - fact is, using a kick starter style setup a LHODES Blu is almost a risk free proposition.

Horace has a point. It's a better known title than a lot of the VS titles announced so far and has a bigger following I'd guess.

The flip side is, it's out there already, the other titles are seeing DVD/Blu-ray debuts.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I just hope it gets done at some point. I'm really looking forward to MPM though.

Re: The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Well, obscure also means fresh, but yeah. And that's really the problem here is the market is so small, so niche, putting anything out is a risk. The potential sales are so small, especially for already available movies, I think they're wise to leave upgrade releases for the next wave.

I think you're right about kickstart: the pre-order/kickstart model is a great one.

From what I understand the cost of making a Blu is somewhere around $50K whereas a DVD is closer to $10-20K depending on how far you want to go with extras and the transfer.

I could take or leave a Blu. I don't see a massive difference between 480P and 720P and 1080P. I don't care about minor artificating or seeing every pore on an actor's face.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky