Page 2 of 240 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Simard View Post
    John do you plan to use the label to release some adult movies too or the project you were talking about on the maniacs board some time ago is a different matter?

Kind of unrelated but since you work with Steven too and I don't want to bother him while he is quite busy : Do you have any idea when he will start a new line with his softcore library? I can't wait to see the Joe Sarno's films they own.
    Jimmy, right now Distribpix plans are as follows:
    MISTY is finally coming to a close. BARBARA is in the works. That stuff needs to get done ASAP because they're licensed titles. However, we've been working on restorations right and left and have nearly half a dozen other films almost ready to go, pending the completion of extras. Steven is very much looking forward to getting some early Sarno out. It's all a matter of time and prioritizing and right now it's still 100% Metzger.

And yes, VS will be releasing some sexploitation and XXX titles. Most will be in partnership with Distribpix.

Just asking here again. I'd definitely pay to download extras if it's say a 20 minute interview or documentary or commentary.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    Just asking here again. I'd definitely pay to download extras if it's say a 20 minute interview or documentary or commentary.
    Sorry I missed your first query.

That's not something I'd thought about, but I'll run it by my partner and get his take...Could be a possibility.

John, first let me say how excited to hear about the prospects for your new label...I'm really looking forward to seeing what you guys put out.

Second, I wanted to toss an idea at you. This is something that I'm actually surprised is not common practice among boutique DVD lines, given how frequently its done by book imprints and CD labels. Have you considered offering some kind of subscription service? I'm thinking of something along the lines of "pay $150 and get our next 6 releases (8 releases, whatever)". For the collectors it can be great if you offer little perks, like shipping before release date, limited edition packaging, exclusive extras, etc. etc. And it would seem like it could be great for the label too, insofar as it can serve the same purpose as a kickstarter campaign in gathering capital in advance of releases.

Anyway, just an idea there's been knocking around my brain...

Quote Originally Posted by John Lyons View Post
    Did you read my mind or just the bottom of the Kickstarter campaign
    Mostly the latter. Good to hear this is not going to get lost in the weeds. Of all the titles mentioned so far, it is numero uno for me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Apronikoff View Post
    John, first let me say how excited to hear about the prospects for your new label...I'm really looking forward to seeing what you guys put out.

Second, I wanted to toss an idea at you. This is something that I'm actually surprised is not common practice among boutique DVD lines, given how frequently its done by book imprints and CD labels. Have you considered offering some kind of subscription service? I'm thinking of something along the lines of "pay $150 and get our next 6 releases (8 releases, whatever)". For the collectors it can be great if you offer little perks, like shipping before release date, limited edition packaging, exclusive extras, etc. etc. And it would seem like it could be great for the label too, insofar as it can serve the same purpose as a kickstarter campaign in gathering capital in advance of releases.

Anyway, just an idea there's been knocking around my brain...
    An interesting idea for sure. Might be more logical to apply this to the MOD stuff than the pressed titles because there are going to be a hell of a lot more MOD releases than pressed combo packs.

Did you read my mind or just the bottom of the Kickstarter campaign

I'm dying to put that one out! We have the camera negs, trailers, outtakes, etc. IT WILL HAPPEN!
    John, I was curious what kind of movie "Massage Parlor Murders/Hookers" is. IMDB lists it as a comedy, but the title sounds more grittier and ominous.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakesh R. View Post
    John, I was curious what kind of movie "Massage Parlor Murders/Hookers" is. IMDB lists it as a comedy, but the title sounds more grittier and ominous.
    As I'm sure you gathered, IMDB is waaay off base with MPM.

While it does have a sense of humor, it's in no way a comedy.

It's sorta the ultimate exploitation film. It's a sleazy hooker murder/detective story with tons of sex, some neat gore, a fantastic car chase scene, times square footage and a funky score. Great NYC location footage and a hilarious cameo from Brother Theodore.

As I'm sure you gathered, IMDB is waaay off base with MPM.

While it does have a sense of humor, it's in no way a comedy.

It's sorta the ultimate exploitation film. It's a sleazy hooker murder/detective story with tons of sex, some neat gore, a fantastic car chase scene, times square footage and a funky score. Great NYC location footage and a hilarious cameo from Brother Theodore.
    Awesome! I appreciate the information. It sounds right up my alley and what's not to love about a Brother Theodore cameo!

John, just wanted to extend my happiness to you and Vinegar Syndrome. It's always a joy to see more independent labels emerge and put out quality stuff with real passion for the material. You guys really seem to be tapping into all realms of cult cinema. What other horror related titles are you guys looking into? Looking forward to supporting your company and I wish you the best of luck with it!