Page 3 of 240 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

I'm a big supporter of the subscription service idea that Apronikoff mentioned. Even with labels I really love and want to support, with so much great stuff being released it's easy to pass on some of the releases I'm slightly less interested in. With a subscription I both get to support a company I love with a hefty injection of cash, but I always end up with really great releases that I might have ignored if I'd been buying everything separately.

And if the IMDB is right about Chris Jordan being the star of Massage Parlor Hookers that release cannot come soon enough. I recently started diving into Joe Sarno's mid-70s work and instantly fell in love with her. If you eventually get any Sarno stuff out on Blu-Ray I will be a very happy camper.

Yeah, Sarno's stuff would definitely benefit from a good HD upgrade.

Massage Parlor Murders sounds awesome! Donn Davison handled this one, didn't he? And it is the same movie as Massage Parlor Hookers?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Yeah, Sarno's stuff would definitely benefit from a good HD upgrade.
    MPM was released through FVI as MPH.

Sarno Blus will happen. Distribpix owns many rare Sarno films and Steven is very interested in getting them restored...But, as I've said, Metzger is key right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius View Post
    And if the IMDB is right about Chris Jordan being the star of Massage Parlor Hookers that release cannot come soon enough. I recently started diving into Joe Sarno's mid-70s work and instantly fell in love with her. If you eventually get any Sarno stuff out on Blu-Ray I will be a very happy camper.
    Oh yeah, Chris Jordan is awesome. I had the exact same reaction you did. If you haven't seen it yet, you should check out "Teenage Hitchhikers" which she stars in alongside Sandra Peabody (Or Cassel, whatever you want to call her...the girl form Last House on the Left.) That movie is a lot of fun and she's really good in it.

After reading the very valuable input from people on this forum and others, we've come to a couple new decisions.
    People seem overwhelmingly disappointed with the concept of MOD releases for the 35mm print sourced 'drive in' line.

So, after consulting with my business partner, we've decided to listen to fans and potential buyers and scrap the entire MOD concept in favor of doing pressed DVD-9s.

There's good and bad in this. The good is that we'll still be releasing all the same titles and keeping the pressed DVD-9 double features at around $12 a piece. The bad news is that we're not going to be able to offer these releases as pressed blu-rays, due to the prohibitive costs of doing limited runs of BD-50s. So, we're eliminating the blu-ray component entirely for this line (all fully restored titles will still be available on blu).

All MOD titles will still be available for download at $4-5 a title in 720p.

We're also seriously considering a subscription model for these as well. But nothing has been solidified on that end.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lyons View Post
    So, after consulting with my business partner, we've decided to listen to fans and potential buyers and scrap the entire MOD concept in favor of doing pressed DVD-9s.
    It's the same format that ABA use for their disc, right? If so thanks since I prefer that to a DVD-R because it's more reliable in my mind (DVD-R for me equals SWV and their discs die fast on me...).

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Simard View Post
    It's the same format that ABA use for their disc, right? If so thanks since I prefer that to a DVD-R because it's more reliable in my mind (DVD-R for me equals SWV and their discs die fast on me...).
    DVD-9 just means that the disc can hold around 4 hours of video. A DVD-5 holds around 2 hours of video. Both are standard disc formats.

And Jimmy, I can assure you and everybody else reading this thread that our releases will be nothing like the junk being issued by ABA. We pledge to source all transfers from film, never employ any noise reduction and never insert 'new matter' on any title. The goal is to treat these films with respect and the key to that is making sure they look as close as possible to the way they would have in cinemas.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lyons View Post
    That's great news. I'm always leery of buying MOD stuff...

See how I know almost nothing technologically speaking

I have just used ABA as an exemple because they press their DVD and not as an exemple of quality. I can't imagine you releasing a film in the wrong order like they did with The Story of Joanna or using VHS sourced materials with the tracking line included.

Very happy to see you guys drop the MOD concept! Pressed discs is the way to go and if a lack of Blu-ray counterparts for this line are the compromise, I am more than fine with that. Listening to customer feedback so early on in your company's journey is really great and it will only amount to better things for you guys in the long run. Keep it up!