Page 4 of 240 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 2397

Thread: The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

  1. #31
    Just an idea for promotions and/or extras you could get a few website and web personalities involved in doing video reviews and maybe doing extras like commentaries or video reviews.

    Someone like Brad Jones (Cinema Snob) who has a pretty sizable following could give you a few more sales:

    http://thecinemasnob.com/2011/09/02/...erminator.aspx

    Then there's the rifftrax guys.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

    Alejandro Jodorowsky

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC/LA
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    Just an idea for promotions and/or extras you could get a few website and web personalities involved in doing video reviews and maybe doing extras like commentaries or video reviews.

    Someone like Brad Jones (Cinema Snob) who has a pretty sizable following could give you a few more sales:

    http://thecinemasnob.com/2011/09/02/...erminator.aspx

    Then there's the rifftrax guys.
    Not a bad idea, but I want to keep everything respectful. No mocking of the films or their makers. No MST3K style junk. But yeah, having guest reviewers would be neat.

    We're planning on making extensive amounts of review copies available for every title we release so anyone who has a legit site/blog/podcast etc is welcome to contact us for screeners once the discs start coming out.

  3. #33
    John, I'm personally glad you dropped MOD. That was a great decision in my opinion. As far as dvd covers are concerned, I was curious if you are going to be using the movies' original artwork( poster art) or will it be something more generic? Also, you had mentioned a movie called "The Sins of Ilsa" in another thread. I was curious if you could give me any more information about it.

  4. #34
    Senior Member Jimmy Simard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chicoutimi, QC, Canada
    Posts
    971
    Quote Originally Posted by John Lyons View Post
    Not a bad idea, but I want to keep everything respectful. No mocking of the films or their makers. No MST3K style junk. But yeah, having guest reviewers would be neat.
    I hope so... I really can't stand those people who don't respect the materials, who are they to critic and laught as they are for the most part nobody.

    On the other hand a Joe Bob Briggs come back would be certainly appreciated. He sure knows what he is talking about and sure respect the materials. But I guess his price is high...

  5. #35
    Any kind of Joe Bob commentary would be an instant buy even if I have zero interest in the film it self.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

    Alejandro Jodorowsky

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC/LA
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakesh R. View Post
    John, I'm personally glad you dropped MOD. That was a great decision in my opinion. As far as dvd covers are concerned, I was curious if you are going to be using the movies' original artwork( poster art) or will it be something more generic? Also, you had mentioned a movie called "The Sins of Ilsa" in another thread. I was curious if you could give me any more information about it.
    It looks like SINS OF ILSA isn't the exploitation gem its name would imply. But I still haven't seen it so I'm not totally sure. From what I've gathered, it's a dry Iris Murdoch novel adaptation.

    No idea who owns the rights so I can't touch it at the moment.

    Also, for the drive-in titles, the plan is to use original artwork whenever possible. The DVD/Blu combo packs will likely be a mixture of original and newly created art.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC/LA
    Posts
    502
    Alright everyone, we've settled on one of our first 'drive-in' doubles:

    Ken Friedman's DEATH BY INVITATION (1971) + Paul Kener's SAVAGE WATER (1979)
    Both are being sourced from decent 35mm prints (some scratches and dirt is to be expected, but for two ultra cheap and grimy 16mm blow-ups, they look quite nice) and are being presented in their proper 1.85:1 theatrical aspect ratios for the first time ever on video.

    For the initial batch of double features, we're also planning a double feature of two (not all that obscure) early 60's B & W thrillers which have never been released on video in this country from 35mm transfers. Also planned is a softcore double feature and an XXX double feature. Once titles are finalized, I'll post them.

    Thoughts?

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by John Lyons View Post
    Alright everyone, we've settled on one of our first 'drive-in' doubles:

    Ken Friedman's DEATH BY INVITATION (1971) + Paul Kener's SAVAGE WATER (1979)
    Both are being sourced from decent 35mm prints (some scratches and dirt is to be expected, but for two ultra cheap and grimy 16mm blow-ups, they look quite nice) and are being presented in their proper 1.85:1 theatrical aspect ratios for the first time ever on video.

    For the initial batch of double features, we're also planning a double feature of two (not all that obscure) early 60's B & W thrillers which have never been released on video in this country from 35mm transfers. Also planned is a softcore double feature and an XXX double feature. Once titles are finalized, I'll post them.

    Thoughts?
    Really looking forward to your first drive-in double bill! Both films sound like a hoot and seem to compliment each other nicely. Definitely intrigued about those early 60s thrillers as well. Not a fan of softcore or hardcore stuff but there definitely is an audience for it which is great for them to see there genre represented respectfully from a label such as yourselves. I'm really looking forward to supporting you guys in the future! Will your products be available through Amazon?

  9. #39
    Any horror and/or science fiction coming?


  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC/LA
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Francis View Post
    Any horror and/or science fiction coming?
    Both DEATH and SAVAGE are horror films. DEATH is about witches and things while SAVAGE is a proto-slasher.

Similar Threads

  1. The Vinegar Syndrome Secret Screening Thread!
    By Ian Jane in forum Exploitation And Smut
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2016, 04:17 PM
  2. suggestion for Vinegar Syndrome
    By Fundi in forum Exploitation And Smut
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2015, 08:53 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2015, 12:27 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2014, 04:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •