Page 5 of 240 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Shawn Death by Invitation and Savage Water (kind of) are horror film

Edit : John sent his reply while I was searching about the films and writing mine...

You sure pick two obscures films for your first release, but discover "lost" movie is what I want. Savage Water sound interesting, any chance you have Paul Kener's Wendigo too?

Cost nothing to ask as I'm sure SWV doesn't have the rights of that film, Do you have good materials for The All-American Girl? I love that movie but what is currently available look so bad...

Quote Originally Posted by John Lyons View Post
    Also planned is a softcore double feature and an XXX double feature.
    I can't wait to know what those will be
    Last edited by Jimmy Simard; 09-15-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Simard View Post
    Shawn Death by Invitation and Savage Water (kind of) are horror film

Edit : John sent his reply while I was searching about the films and writing mine...

You sure pick two obscures films for your first release, but discover "lost" movie is what I want. Savage Water sound interesting, any chance you have Paul Kener's Wendigo too?

Cost nothing to ask as I'm sure SWV doesn't have the rights of that film, Do you have good materials for The All-American Girl? I love that movie but what is currently available look so bad...
    Nothing on WENDIGO, unfortunately. Both came out on VHS back in the day...Rare as hell.

Also, my ALL AMERICAN GIRL materials aren't great. I should try and enlist Bob Chinn to help with those films and rescue them from the clutches of SWV, as he did produce them all and could likely make a good legal claim of ownership.

We do have one 'lost' sexploitation film in mind for release. The print is pretty rough though.

SWV initially released DEATH BY INVITATION in black and white. I remember liking it. It will be nice to finally see it in color!

Basically, I am hoping for a new press-release every hour or so from Vinegar Syndrome.

Thoughts?
    You're off to a pretty kick ass start. Nice choices, curious to see what the 60s B&W and XXX titles are.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Nothing on WENDIGO, unfortunately. Both came out on VHS back in the day...Rare as hell.
    Probably one of those case were very few print was done...

Also, my ALL AMERICAN GIRL materials aren't great.
    But if you have the All American Woman too that could make a great sexploitation double feature, even more if Bob Chinn or Mark Haggard are involve in the production.

I should try and enlist Bob Chinn to help with those films and rescue them from the clutches of SWV.
    Yes you should do, from what I've heard they sell many films that doesn't belong to them and not just the DVD-R... Satan Children being just one exemple.

The print is pretty rough though.
    Not a problem when this is the only way to save a film.

Alright everyone, we've settled on one of our first 'drive-in' doubles:

Ken Friedman's DEATH BY INVITATION (1971) + Paul Kener's SAVAGE WATER (1979)
    Both are being sourced from decent 35mm prints (some scratches and dirt is to be expected, but for two ultra cheap and grimy 16mm blow-ups, they look quite nice) and are being presented in their proper 1.85:1 theatrical aspect ratios for the first time ever on video.

For the initial batch of double features, we're also planning a double feature of two (not all that obscure) early 60's B & W thrillers which have never been released on video in this country from 35mm transfers. Also planned is a softcore double feature and an XXX double feature. Once titles are finalized, I'll post them.

Thoughts?
    Looks like you guys are off to one hell of a start! Death by Invitation looks like it might be right up my alley, and Savage Water seems like it might be pretty cool as well. Will definitely pick up that release.

Can't wait to hear what softcore and XXX double features you have in the works...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Simard View Post
    Yes you should do, from what I've heard they sell many films that doesn't belong to them and not just the DVD-R... Satan Children being just one exemple.
    SATAN'S CHILDREN wasn't one of the films Bob produced but I'd love to be able to fully restore it. I fear the neg is lost though.

DEATH BY INVITATION interests me, as do the early sixties B&W flicks.

To me, it's the films themselves that are important. I'm not worried about format, DVD, Blu, and MOD are all fine to me. I'm not worried about single vs. double features, or whether or not there is a host. The films themselves are what I buy, regardlesss of the related issues.

All MOD titles will still be available for download at $4-5 a title in 720p.
    Is it US only or will I be able to use it from Poland?

Quote Originally Posted by edkrak View Post
    Is it US only or will I be able to use it from Poland?
    As long as you have a good internet connection, you should be able to access them anywhere in the world.