Page 51 of 238 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 2378

Thread: The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

  1. #501
    noodle doodle Clive Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,216

    The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    Great news about the BD/DVD of CHRISTMAS EVIL, I love that one.
    Good news for me; I was just about to pick up the DVD. Never peeped it before but needed to plump up my 'Christmas' set.

  2. #502
    Watching CHRISTMAS EVIL this time of year is a tradition for me. It's cheesy as hell, but is still unsettling due mainly to the lead actor's performance.
    Last edited by major jay; 12-21-2013 at 06:46 PM.

  3. #503
    I'm actually surprised by the Christmas Evil announcement. I have the Synapse disc with the John Waters commentary. I can't remember all the extras, but it's not a bad disc.

  4. #504
    Wonder what the story behind this amateur version called A CLOCKWORK BLUE is?

    http://vimeo.com/14678723

  5. #505
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC/LA
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Brooks View Post
    Wonder what the story behind this amateur version called A CLOCKWORK BLUE is?

    http://vimeo.com/14678723
    That is damn cool!
    But a totally different film. No idea who made it/what the deal is...

  6. #506
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    City of Big Shoulders
    Posts
    1,291
    Ditto re: CHRISTMAS EVIL, VS, and Synapse's disc. May upgrade, but having the Waters commentary is essential.

    I also thought that Code Red had attained the rights to LHoDES. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I do recall chatting with Bill about it in the past.

  7. #507
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC/LA
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
    Ditto re: CHRISTMAS EVIL, VS, and Synapse's disc. May upgrade, but having the Waters commentary is essential.

    I also thought that Code Red had attained the rights to LHoDES. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I do recall chatting with Bill about it in the past.
    When it comes to 'rights' and LHODES, that's a can of worms that can't really be solved.
    Watkins' sold the film but then later tried to reclaim it.
    The 'Funhouse' version has an on-screen notice of copyright 1977 Today Productions, meaning the only person/company who could legally claim ownership would the the proven direct successors of Today Prods.

  8. #508
    It would be nice to have a blu-ray of LHODES but Barrel's release, to me, is the best Special Edition DVD ever produced. People need to recognize.
    Last edited by major jay; 12-22-2013 at 06:01 PM.

  9. #509
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    City of Big Shoulders
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by John Lyons View Post
    When it comes to 'rights' and LHODES, that's a can of worms that can't really be solved.
    Watkins' sold the film but then later tried to reclaim it.
    The 'Funhouse' version has an on-screen notice of copyright 1977 Today Productions, meaning the only person/company who could legally claim ownership would the the proven direct successors of Today Prods.
    Maybe my use of "rights" was done incorrectly.

  10. #510
    Pallid Hands Andrew Monroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    This Godforsaken Outpost
    Posts
    4,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive Smith View Post
    Good news for me; I was just about to pick up the DVD. Never peeped it before but needed to plump up my 'Christmas' set.
    I think you'll love CHRISTMAS EVIL, Clive. It's admittedly a little cheesy but it's got a sly and dark sense of humor too. The ending is strangely simultaneously goofy and poignant and not soon forgotten.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Similar Threads

  1. The Vinegar Syndrome Secret Screening Thread!
    By Ian Jane in forum Exploitation And Smut
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2016, 04:17 PM
  2. suggestion for Vinegar Syndrome
    By Fundi in forum Exploitation And Smut
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2015, 08:53 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2015, 12:27 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2014, 04:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •