Page 7 of 261 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

The UK DVD of WHO KILLED TEDDY BEAR is not uncut, nor is the Sinister Cinema version. We really need a truly uncut version of this sleaze classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobla View Post
    The UK DVD of WHO KILLED TEDDY BEAR is not uncut, nor is the Sinister Cinema version. We really need a truly uncut version of this sleaze classic.
    I was unaware the UK version was cut. Mondo Digital gave the impression it was intact. Oh well, another one for the pile of 'cool films that desperately need proper releases'. Looking forward to Vinegar Syndrome whittling down the pile a bit.

Hey John, what about Waterpower?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Hey John, what about Waterpower?
    All the film elements that we've uncovered, thanks to Shaun's diligent searching, have been unusable.

However, everyone owes a big thanks to Mr. Costello for the HGL release because it was thanks to him that I was able to contact the person in possession of the negatives.

Awesome. So will VS be handling a Waterpower release at some point or will that happen with another label? Or is it too soon to say...
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Awesome. So will VS be handling a Waterpower release at some point or will that happen with another label? Or is it too soon to say...
    No WP plans from anyone right now. If good materials ever surface, Distribpix will do the honors.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lyons View Post
    No WP plans from anyone right now. If good materials ever surface, Distribpix will do the honors.
    That's too bad, but completely understandable. Even though the Alpha France dvd was edited and was not Mr. Costello's preferred version, I guess that's our best option for now. John, I remember you mentioning restoration work you did from a film print of "Memories Within Miss Aggie" a couple of years ago. Is that movie still in limbo as far as the rightful owner is concerned? I would love to see it released.
    Last edited by Rakesh R.; 09-18-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Arrows owns the rights or believe they own them... the rights probably goes back to the film producers, but fighting a company like Arrow is probably way too costly for a new label.

Of course John will correct me if I'm wrong.

Rakesh, I did that restoration from THE NEGATIVE!

As for rights, yeah, it's tricky.

Inish Kea Ltd., the on-screen copyright claimant was a partnership between Damiano and other financial partners. Not sure if the mobsters who ended up creating Arrow ever had anything but a video licensing deal. They didn't handle theatrical distribution on MEMORIES or virtually any of the other 70's titles currently in distribution by Arrow so my guess is that Arrow is using an old video license deal as justification for the release. Of course, I could always be wrong...

But the only 70's titles I know they have a definite legit claim to are DEEP THROAT and the handful of Pacific Coast productions they release, such as CANDY STRIPERS as PCF was a west coast company started by the same mobsters who started Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lyons View Post
    Rakesh, I did that restoration from THE NEGATIVE!

As for rights, yeah, it's tricky.

Inish Kea Ltd., the on-screen copyright claimant was a partnership between Damiano and other financial partners. Not sure if the mobsters who ended up creating Arrow ever had anything but a video licensing deal. They didn't handle theatrical distribution on MEMORIES or virtually any of the other 70's titles currently in distribution by Arrow so my guess is that Arrow is using an old video license deal as justification for the release. Of course, I could always be wrong...

But the only 70's titles I know they have a definite legit claim to are DEEP THROAT and the handful of Pacific Coast productions they release, such as CANDY STRIPERS as PCF was a west coast company started by the same mobsters who started Arrow.
    Thank you so much for the information John. It's a shame when legal BS gets in the way of releasing quality adult films. I totally understand taking the safe approach with regards to certain titles.