Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A&E Bringing The Bates Motel To TV!

A&E Bringing The Bates Motel To TV!

From The Hollywood Reporter:

Name:  bates_motel_exclusive.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  39.0 KB

Vera Farmiga to Star in A&E's 'Psycho' Prequel 'Bates Motel

Carlton Cuse Joining A&E's 'Bates Motel' (Exclusive) The cable network has reimagined the haunting hotel sign for its upcoming series exploring Norman Bates' formative years.

From Lost's Carlton Cuse and Friday Night Lights' Kerry Ehrin, Bates Motel will explore Norman's relationship with his mother, Norma and offer a look at his backstory that helped forge the infamous serial killer.

"We are incredibly excited to start production on Bates Motel. We think our take on the Bates family will both be surprising and subvert expectations. We can't wait for people to check in," Cuse told The Hollywood Reporter of his take.

Oscar nominee Vera Farmiga stars as Norma Louise Bates, who has been described as a complicated, passionate and compelling woman who is smart, multidimensional and always capable of surprising people.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    ...A&E's 'Psycho' Prequel 'Bates Motel'A&E Orders Carlton Cuse's 'Psycho' Prequel 'Bates Motel' Straight to Series'Lost' Showrunner Carlton Cuse Joining A&E's 'Bates Motel' (Exclusive)...
    Whoa. Crazy sentence! Are those supposed to be keywords?
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

They already tried this, and it failed. And that Bates Motel TV series had Bud Cort, Lori Petty and Jason Bateman...

Ohh, the hubris.

Something went odd with the cut and paste.

I'd rather see a more daring network like Showtime or Bravo take this on. There's potential for a series there if done right but A&E have done a lot more with bad reality TV shows lately than any other sort of original programming and I don't think that I really have a whole lot of faith in them to pull this off.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Something went odd with the cut and paste.

I'd rather see a more daring network like Showtime or Bravo take this on. There's potential for a series there if done right but A&E have done a lot more with bad reality TV shows lately than any other sort of original programming and I don't think that I really have a whole lot of faith in them to pull this off.
    Yeah it seems bad reality tv is the only thing A&E airs. I miss the old days of A&E when it aired decent stuff.

Looks like the kid from Burton's CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY is the new Norman Bates...

SORRY!!!

Here he is today!!

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/a-e-casts-e...man-bates.html

Quote Originally Posted by sukebanboy View Post
    Here he is today!!

Hey kid, rock 'n roll, rock on.

I'm not seeing a whole lot of resemblence to Mr. Perkins there at all.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I'm not seeing a whole lot of resemblence to Mr. Perkins there at all.

Who knows WTF the criteria was that the suits decided to go with this guy...trying to pull in the teen audience????

With all the whacked out, real-crazy people there must be around Hollywood, not sure why they chose this guy....

i always thought CRISPIN GLOVER would be perfect to play Norman...though it would need to be a remake/reboot rather than a prequel...

Quote Originally Posted by sukebanboy View Post
    i always thought CRISPIN GLOVER would be perfect to play Norman...though it would need to be a remake/reboot rather than a prequel...
    He'd be perfect except that he's probably too old for the part now if they're doing the whole 'Norman in his younger days' thing.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!