Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: A&E Bringing The Bates Motel To TV!

A&E has announced that this last round will be a "season-long adaptation of Robert Bloch's PSYCHO."

I've read the book a bunch, there's a lot that didn't make it into Hitchcock's film....but as a fan of the show, this is disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    A&E has announced that this last round will be a "season-long adaptation of Robert Bloch's PSYCHO."

I've read the book a bunch, there's a lot that didn't make it into Hitchcock's film....but as a fan of the show, this is disappointing.
    Yeah I was kind of hoping that they'd lead up to Psycho and sort of end it that way rather than go into the book/movie itself. I've got enough faith in the cast and creative team though that I'll still check it out.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Yeah, I'll watch it, but....

I thought that was a damned good wrap up to the show. I didn't think they could do a last season without Farmiga there as a real person as she was the best thing on the show but they pulled it off anyway. Enjoyed the bait and switch with Marion Crane. I like watching storytellers play games. That was a good one. All up a pretty good series I'd say. Crack first series. Got a bit lame there in the middle but bought it home strong in the last couple seasons.

I didn't see that one coming.

Loved Bates Motel!

They did a fantastic job with the last season and the way they ended the series was brilliant and fitting! It was way better than the way many other shows have ended (Dexter for example)

I literally cried when it ended!

Anthony
    Last edited by Anthony A; 04-27-2017 at 09:48 AM.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

We finished it last night. I agree that it was a very fitting end. Quite moving in its way. The performances have been strong since the first season but man did Highmore and Farmiga really bring their A-game to this last round. Impressive stuff. It definitely took things in a few directions that I didn't expect it to, while still clearly tying into the 'Psycho' story rather well. Kept me guessing right up until the end.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!