Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A&E Bringing The Bates Motel To TV!

They could always do the "long lost twin returns to run the Bates Motel" storyline LOL!!!

Fangoria found the first image from the series by way of Entertainment Weekly, and also dropped some details about the pilot's script.

"Shock Till You Drop recently got their hands on the pilot's script, revealing some other nuggets to expect from BATES MOTEL, like the appearance of Norman's father and brother, his affinity for Manga and how the show is even pre-opening of the Motel."
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    , and also dropped some details about the pilot's script.

like the appearance of Norman's father and brother, his affinity for Manga and how the show is even pre-opening of the Motel."
    What are they doing???..They are gonna turn him into some GEEKY EMO NERD with a fetish for Japanese manga!!!

Kinda dumb, right? And is this being set... when? I figured it'd be pre-Psycho, right? Nobody in the US had a thing for Manga back then. Unless they're shifting it to modern day. But then look at the clothes in the picture. Doesn't look so modern day, does it?

WTF?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Did you read the article.....horrible news..

A&E's BATES MOTEL premieres Spring 2013, chronicling the pre-cellar Norma Bates and her relationship with young Norman. This incarnation is a present-day one with Norman working out his kinks among all the trappings of millenial youth, as well as his manipulative mother.

Showrunner Carlton Cuse (LOST) tells EW the series will give audiences a look beyond the motel and its adjoining abode.''The town itself is very much a character in the show,'' Cuse says. ''There are a lot of secrets that lurk beneath this bucolic veneer.''

You know I totally missed that first time around.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    You know I totally missed that first time around.
    It's the kind of thing that your brain automatically blocks when you read it.....just to protect your sanity!

A whole bunch of pictures of characters and sets posted here:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...medium=twitter

"My Soul to Take‘s Max Thieriot will play Norman’s older brother Dylan Bates in the series. Thieriot’s Dylan has a love-hate relationship with his mother, Norma, and will return home unexpectedly to discover his family’s new residence. “Lost” alum Nestor Carbonell will reunite with Carlton Cuse on Bates, playing Sheriff Alex Romero — who is described as dark and edgy, with eyes that see everything and an unwillingness to let anyone off the hook for anything. Cloverfield‘s Mike Vogel plays Deputy Zach Shelby, a compassionate guy with an instant likability to him. Nicola Peltz will play Bradley, a girl Norman takes a liking to at school who’s described as bright and effortlessly sexy with a depth that makes her seem older than she really is. Olivia Cooke plays Emma Decody, a classmate of Norman’s with a penchant for adventure despite having a medical condition that requires her to roll a portable oxygen tank along with her. Lastly, Academy Award nominee Vera Farmiga will play the Norma Louise Bates, the complicated, passionate and compelling mother to Norman who is smart, multidimensional and always capable of surprising people."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

No thoughts on this now then Mr Jane?

Will you be watching?

Once again I think it would be better NOT knowing much about Norman's mother before her present (dead) state....We can form our own conclusions about what she was like and behave dot Norman etc etc...DONT need it spelled out....as for his FAMILY and FRIENDS???...Do they really need to be added to the story?

I never saw that PSYCHO 4 tv prequel movee..didnt they cover that in it?...Are they going to follow THAT plot line..or forget it happened?
    Last edited by sukebanboy; 11-27-2012 at 08:19 PM.

If I remember that this is on when it debuts, I'll give the first episode a shot out of morbid curiosity.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!