Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A&E Bringing The Bates Motel To TV!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Reviews are rolling in ....the ones I just read are negative in all aspects...except the fact that they have recreated the sets from PSYCHO perfectly....

Yeah I missed it last night, completely forgot about it, but by the sounds of what I'm reading, it's not very good. Which kind of confirms our collective suspicions.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

....and we have wasted FIVE pages talking about this one......when we knew back on page one, post one of this thread that it would suck.....and here we are...99% confirmed on the fact!!

Hollywood Reporter says A&E has already renewed this for a second season.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Count me in as a fan. Only seen the first 2 episodes but I think this is quality. Shit loads of plot lines started in those 90 minutes. So many murders and general intrigue I think this is going to rival Twin Peaks for the title of "most simulataneous onrunning plot lines in a series." Occassionally it's a bit blunt in trying to put everything up on screen at once but the naunce thats there in the dialogue suggests there is some intelligence here and this is going to settle down nicely. Really liking the way they're building the relationship between Norman and his mum.

Really nicely made too. Set modern day but the production designers are having a field day making everything look 50s anyway. It's a good compromise solution I think. And it just looks nice. Traditionally shot with a nice muted colour scheme without being horribly desaturated like most programs that go that way are.

Could go anywhere but for now, I'm intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    Count me in as a fan. Only seen the first 2 episodes but I think this is quality. Shit loads of plot lines started in those 90 minutes. So many murders and general intrigue I think this is going to rival Twin Peaks for the title of "most simulataneous onrunning plot lines in a series." Occassionally it's a bit blunt in trying to put everything up on screen at once but the naunce thats there in the dialogue suggests there is some intelligence here and this is going to settle down nicely. Really liking the way they're building the relationship between Norman and his mum.

Really nicely made too. Set modern day but the production designers are having a field day making everything look 50s anyway. It's a good compromise solution I think. And it just looks nice. Traditionally shot with a nice muted colour scheme without being horribly desaturated like most programs that go that way are.

Could go anywhere but for now, I'm intrigued.
    Woah..didn't expect that response Dom D !!!!

Certainly intrigued now........might well give it a look..You're comparison with TWIN PEAKS has me more intrigued....

PLEASE NOTE...if you are messing with us, i will be on a plane straight to Oz..and i WILL find you!!!

Not messing with you. Comparisons to Twin Peaks aren't a million miles away. Small town full of wierd people, murders to be solved, vaguely soapy feel etc. This is definitely more conventional, a lot more conventional actually, but that's not a bad thing. Twin Peaks had moments of genius but I found it was often way too quirky for its own good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    Not messing with you. Comparisons to Twin Peaks aren't a million miles away. Small town full of wierd people, murders to be solved, vaguely soapy feel etc. This is definitely more conventional, a lot more conventional actually, but that's not a bad thing. Twin Peaks had moments of genius but I found it was often way too quirky for its own good.
    So i will try to watch it this weekend.......DOM D ..you had better be manning your front AND back doors in case I come looking for ya....You have been warned!!!

Report back! Be good to hear I'm not just going insane on this one.

Just watched the next two episodes. This show moves at insane pace! More jammed into these first 4 edisode than you'd get in four series of Walking Dead. No idea on how they plan on keeping it up but it has a very preplanned feel to it so i can't wait to find out.