Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: A&E Bringing The Bates Motel To TV!

Just got through the first two episodes..

Will report back after i have seen the next two......

i WILL say for now that it is NOT really what I was expecting from a PSYCHO tv series....

And his NORMAN-isms are pretty good!!

DOM D I HATE YOU!!!

Got through the first four episodes and..................yeah its pretty good!

The guy who plays young Norman has his mannerisms down pretty well.....

It DOES feel like it is set in some TWIN PEAKS kind of world...but not as weird or quirky....Just the old "weird secrets of a small town" kinda stuff..

Like Dom said, loads of story lines going on parallel..not sure where they are going with them...but I hope the payoff is worth it....

If they balls up the conclusions it will totally ruin it!

So THANK YOU DOM for making me interested in this series ...and therefore wasting even ore of my time watching new shit!!!

Dammit, now I want to see it. But I'll wait.... entire seasons at once on DVD/Blu, that's my style, baby.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Dammit, now I want to see it. But I'll wait.... entire seasons at once on DVD/Blu, that's my style, baby.
    Blame DOM for this!!!

We were happy dissing the very IDEA of them making this series.....until HE mentioned it wasnt bad............

Like I said before though...It only needs one tip in the wrong direction for this to turn into a mess...or even a comedy....

Like I said before though...It only needs one tip in the wrong direction for this to turn into a mess...or even a comedy....
    Definitely! They're keeping a lot of balls in the air at once here and I'd be surprised if they can keep it up. At the moment though it's good telly.

Right, just got through episode 5........and about another 4 or 5 balls are now flying through the air!!!

Getting worried they wont be able to catch them all on the way down!!...but looking forward to how they do it!!

Actually glad they are going in this direction with it...keeps things interesting~!!

How many episodes are in the series?

Actually, doesn't matter as they are going to make another series

Just looked it up on imdb which says this will be a 10 episode series.

Halfway through episode 6 I assumed we were watching the seasons finale as it tied off so much in super dramatic fashion. Continue to be amazed at the pace of this show. Story lines I expected to carry on for weeks keep getting tied off in half an hour without feeling totally unnatural. There's been a few big plot holes but I think a lot of people aren't even going to pick them up and one of the deaths this week closes them over anyway. Once again no idea where they're going with this next week but until Sherlock comes back this is my favourite show on telly by a fair margin.

Goddammit, I might have to check this dumb bullshit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    Just looked it up on imdb which says this will be a 10 episode series.

Halfway through episode 6 I assumed we were watching the seasons finale as it tied off so much in super dramatic fashion. Continue to be amazed at the pace of this show. Story lines I expected to carry on for weeks keep getting tied off in half an hour without feeling totally unnatural. There's been a few big plot holes but I think a lot of people aren't even going to pick them up and one of the deaths this week closes them over anyway. Once again no idea where they're going with this next week but until Sherlock comes back this is my favourite show on telly by a fair margin.
    just finished watching episode 6...and gotta agree with ya....

The pace is flying along..as are the plot twists....Still worry they wont be able to tie up everything ok...but doing a damn fine job so far....and yeah, the plot holes just get steamed over before you have a chance to pick them apart....

Nice to see young Norman becoming more and more like the movie Norman too!

Whew....Episode s7 and 8 have slowed things down a bit..Still some interesting twists and new characters, but finally taking a bit of a pause.....in order (i think) to go all out for the conclusion to the series....

The end of episode 8 has set up what looks like a great final two episodes....Still interested in how they will wrap it up..but looking a bit more plausible mostly due to the introduction of a new strange character....

Fingers crossed they dont balls up the conclusion!