Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posters I'm making.

Posters I'm making.

I plan on making a fair few posters for my new film so I figured I'd start a new thread to get the good word from you folks on which is the best. This is the first out of the gate. Waddya think?

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

It definitely gets your attention. Foxy but kinda classy too. Has a nice noirish old school vibe.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Whew this one took a little while to put together.

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

I like the first one better but that could be my aversion to purple.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I prefer the first one to......and also, they seem a little....erm...NEW?.....MODERN?.....need to be NOIR-ed up a little......

Quote Originally Posted by sukebanboy View Post
    I prefer the first one to......and also, they seem a little....erm...NEW?.....MODERN?.....need to be NOIR-ed up a little......
    A couple of people have mentioned that about the posters and the trailers. But it's kind of the point. I could knock one up that looks like these: http://wheredangerlives.blogspot.com...film-noir.html (awesome site of someones 100 favourite noir posters) but I think that would be wrong. The film is not pastiche-y at all. It's a modern thriller- lots of sex, lots violence, lots of strong language- that happens to be about a private eye in 1949. I'm very bored by fake pastiche-y noir. If it's not hardboiled it's missing the point.

So far I've got 7-1 for the first poster. And the 1 is me. Once I've cleared up a couple of those flyaway feathers I think that ones going to look cool. Cutting a feathfer boa out of a background is a hell of a lot less fun than it sounds. And it sounds like a shit job to start with.

Count me as a vote for the second. The colors are really striking in that one, and there's something about her stare that's kinda mesmerizing.

First one. Second one looks like CGI.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Do you mean the cut out of the girl or more than that? I'm definitely going to need to get back in there and clean that. After four hours of cutting out between feathers I cracked the shits and called it good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    I could knock one up that looks like these: http://wheredangerlives.blogspot.com...film-noir.html (awesome site of someones 100 favourite noir posters) but I think that would be wrong. The film is not pastiche-y at all. It's a modern thriller- lots of sex, lots violence, lots of strong language- that happens to be about a private eye in 1949. I'm very bored by fake pastiche-y noir. If it's not hardboiled it's missing the point.
    No I didn't mean make it look like a noir movie from the 1950's.....I like the image a lot (who wouldn't!!! ) but seems a bit "clean" not sure that is an accurate word.....It needs to look "rougher" or "grittier" with its use of COLORS....

Maybe it is because the background is too bright/plain??

Christ my English language skills are shite!!!

Like these "dirtier" colors...