Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: The Terminator Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    It was during TERMINATOR SALVATION that I realized I don't like these kinds of blockbusters anymore. It's like staring at a blank screen.
    The irony is, looking back it was probably Terminator 2 that kickstarted the momentum that gave rise to the modern day cgi blockbuster.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalala76 View Post
    The irony is, looking back it was probably Terminator 2 that kickstarted the momentum that gave rise to the modern day cgi blockbuster.
    Completely agree. It's the beginning of toothless, bloated, CGI-ridden, family action movies. For me personally, and not to beat a dead horse, but the films that killed these type of films for me were the Star Wars Prequels, followed by Terminator 3. All that money and none of them have an actual story to tell. Just products with logos from older better movies on them. 20 years later and it's still more of the same. Just bigger and dumber.
    "You're just gonna grow up to be another Fogerty!"

Yes and yes.

^^ I really dig everything about Terminator 3, including the story. I watch T2 just for the scenes with Robert Patrick.

I done bothering with anything other than the first three films at this point. I could watch the original on a loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabonga View Post
    It really does. Not feeling Biebernator at all. I'm this close to completely checking out of current Hollywood. Get back to me again when agenda pushing takes a waaaaay back seat behind good filmmaking. In the mean time I'll stick to the old stuff, thank you veeery much.
    Best thing I ever did was to stop supporting Hollywood financially or otherwise. I haven't paid money to see a Hollywood film since the late 90s/early 2000s...I should've done it sooner. I swore back then they would never get another shekel out of me.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"