Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Terminator Movies

So according to James Cameron, Genisys is the third Terminator movie.

Huh.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

This is not the worst movie in the world... It doesn't make a lick of sense but it's got a good deal of forward momentum to it. It just gets bogged down in that modern blockbuster cliche of two indestructible foes beating the shit out of each other for half an hour. How did that become a thing? It's so fucking dull when they get into those knock down, drag out fights that never end.

And the dialogue irks a bit. Whedon-esque banter for the most part. Some of it got a grin from from me: TERMINATOR: "I don't kill people." SARAH: "Lotta leg wounds though...." but even when it's funny I'd prefer the old tough as nails terminator.

I though douche face MacDouche was okay in this. He was in Spartacus so that gives him some brownie points in my book. Whoever played Sarah Conner though was terrible. She just looks so soft.
    Last edited by Dom D; 09-04-2015 at 03:29 AM.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

I'll probably see this new one when it hits Blu or VOD, but it just feels so god damn like recycled material just from the trailer.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Pattaya, Thailand (currently staying in Cambridgeshire, England).
    I love the first two films with the first being my favourite of the series. I'm not too bothered about the rest of the franchise though as 3 & 4 were very disappointing although I'll probably check out the latest entry on home release.
    In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks

Source.

Terminator Genisys will be released on Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD on October 20 via Paramount. Only the Blu-ray versions carry special features.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Clarke, Emilia Clarke, Jai Courtney, J.K. Simmons, Dayo Okeniyi, Byung Hun Lee and Matt Smith star in the film, which is directed by Alan Taylor (Thor: The Dark World).

Special features:

Family Dynamics – Casting Terminator Genisys and how the actors filled some of the most iconic roles in cinematic history
    Infiltration and Termination – Go behind-the-scenes to San Francisco and New Orleans in a first-hand look at filming locations
    Upgrades: VFX of Terminator Genisys – Delve into the revolutionary visual effects behind the movie’s incredible action sequences

Name:  tumblr_nu3xhqOxOm1thr7ppo1_r1_250.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  29.0 KB

Name:  tumblr_nu3xhqOxOm1thr7ppo2_r1_250.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  50.4 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

So, being true to my word, I did see this Genisys one when it was fashionably late to do so.

Wow. What a shitty fucking film. I mean, I expeced it to suck.... but my god. Everything about this is complete and utter shit. Not one original thought for the entire two hours. And the lot of em are douchy 25 year old actors whom I wanna punch in the face. Blech.

Did have plans to watch this one eventually...but thenSwedes hate-ridden, angry review has put an end to that...

Quote Originally Posted by sukebanboy View Post
    Did have plans to watch this one eventually...but thenSwedes hate-ridden, angry review has put an end to that...
    I have this effect on people

Quote Originally Posted by The Silly Swede View Post
    I have this effect on people
    Just remember swede.....with great power comes great responsibility.

Terminator: Genisys (USA, 2015) [VoD] - 2.5/5
    Surprisingly watchable sequel isn't nearly as bad as the abysmal Terminator: Salvation. The film mainly suffers from boring CGI action and bland (though not terrible) new cast; however, it is surprisingly well written with a genuinely interesting storyline - for the first 80 minutes at least. Oh, and of course Arnold is fun to see on screen even in a mediocre movie.

I must say I misjudged two major films based on their trailers... Terminator: Genisys looked terrible but turned out to be entirely watchable (2.5/5), and Jurassic World was actually a good film (3/5). Unfortunately both films saved the worst for the last... with better final thirds there would've been an additional 0.5 stars to both ratings.