Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: The Bruce Lee On Blu-ray Thread

Sorry Bruce

Shout posted the following on facebook
    We're sad to say that later this year our rights to all Bruce Lee titles will be expiring. Once they expire, we will no longer be able to sell our Bruce Lee films and all will go out of print. This is your official warning to grab them before they are gone forever!

The four Shout Select Bruce Lee releases are all on sale right now as part of the Shout Select sale and definitely is your best chance to pick these up! Head over to: https://www.shoutfactory.com/shoutselectticket
    The Shout Select releases, I believe, are the best versions on Blu-ray, so pick them up while you have the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick King View Post
    Shout posted the following on facebook

The Shout Select releases, I believe, are the best versions on Blu-ray, so pick them up while you have the chance.
    Are these transfers different from the transfers that were used for Shout's Bruce Lee Premiere Collection (which were different/better than the Legacy Collection)?

Yes, the Shout Select releases are from the recent 4K restorations and are the only ones that have been color corrected to fix the Ritrovata green/yellow tint.

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick King View Post
    Yes, the Shout Select releases are from the recent 4K restorations and are the only ones that have been color corrected to fix the Ritrovata green/yellow tint.
    Thanks. I thought they were improved but these have been re-released so many times I lost track.

are there any caps comparing the new shout selects with the old bruce lee premiere collection? couldn't find anything. just some pissy yellow screenshots from the 4k HK blu-ray.
    Last edited by killer must kill again; 09-14-2017 at 09:03 AM.

I think there are some at the blu-ray.com forum. I know that blu-ray.com reviewed the Shout Select releases, so at least there are some quality caps you can check out.

I thought Shout Select were exclusive to Shout Factory's website but these appear to be on Amazon. Are they the same release?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason C View Post
    I thought Shout Select were exclusive to Shout Factory's website but these appear to be on Amazon. Are they the same release?
    Yep. Shout Select is their non-genre line. They're available all over the place, not just the website.

I have the original Shout! set but only upgraded to the Shout Select release on Chinese Connection - it is a noticeably nicer transfer.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

The Shout Select releases use the US titles for some reason, and Game of Death includes the Cantonese version on a second Blu-ray, but the subtitles are only SDH.

Anyway, here are some comparisons from the Blu-ray.com forum(I hope you don't have to be signed in there to see these):
    Return of the Dragon/Way of the Dragon Blu-rays

and Shout's color corrected version vs the yellow HK release of Fist of Fury (aka The Chinese Connection)
    http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=183
    http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=184
    http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=185
    http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=188