Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks Coming Back To TV?

So there's 18 episodes, the first one is movie length and David Lynch directed all of them? How is that even possible? Why isn't he dead?

I think that he's probably making up for relinquishing control to the networks and other directors during season 2, all but ruining it.

I still haven't watched this series. Is it still worth seeing if I know who killed Laura Palmer? Is the mystery an essential part of the fun?

They got rid of that mystery early on because of network pressure. I'm not a huge fan of most of what followed, but I still consider Twin Peaks to be some of the most essential television ever made.

I know I have to see it before the new one starts: there's no way I'm going to miss 18+ hours of new Lynch material.

I've heard that Season 2 is tough to get through.

Season 2 is tough to get through. I'd be surprised if it gets referenced a huge amount though. I doubt Lynch loves it much either. After the killers unmasked I'd probably just skip to the last couple of episodes to see where it finished off at. Actually it did finish off at a cliff hanger now I come to think of it... Interested to see how they tackle that. Given the 20 year gap I can't really see them picking that thread up again.

I was surprised at how annoying Season 2 was when I rewatched it with the last blu-ray set. I apparently was a lot more patient in my youth. There are a whole lot of storylines in there that are loathsome....lazy writing. Would've been interesting to see what happened if Lara Flynn Boyle hadn't botched the whole Cooper/Audrey angle with her snitting.

On future re-viewings I will watch Season 2 up to the episode after the revealing of the killer and then skip to the last episode. There is an episode near the end that does a brief recap of the crappy middle section and that's actually a good place to pick the season back up, but I don't remember which episode that as.

As for season 3, my understanding is that the two hour premier is actually episodes 1 and 2 playing back-to-back and not a super long first episode.

David Lynch, Unsurprisingly Cryptic, in a Surprise Appearance

PASADENA, Calif. — Even for 15 minutes, David Lynch stole the show.

Mr. Lynch, the filmmaker behind movies like “Mulholland Drive” and “Blue Velvet,” appeared at an event here on Monday to talk about the much-anticipated revival of his TV drama, “Twin Peaks.” The show will return, with a robust 18-hour season, in late May on Showtime.

Mr. Lynch — who has been tight-lipped when it comes to providing any meaningful details about the show — was not expected to speak at the event, held during a gathering of the Television Critics Association. But his surprise appearance left an impression on a weary press corps, even though he divulged little about “Twin Peaks,” which ran for two seasons on ABC in the early 1990s.

Here some of the more notable moments from Mr. Lynch’s almost poetic appearance:
    Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: The 4th Man (Paul Verhoeven, 1983)

Rock! Shock! Pop!