Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Kenny Rogers stuff...

Miscellaneous Kenny Rogers stuff...

Listening to a 43-song "greatest hits" album beyond his legitimate 10-15 greatest hits. His secondary so-called hits are not very good. Strange though, some of it is like weird psychedelic Beyond the Valley of the Dolls type music. Always been a Kenny Rogers fan since I was a kid (like I think he was my first favorite singer) but this stuff is BAD! And his covers of good songs are BAD. Poor Kenny...
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

This is also a perfect thread for non-music Kenny Rogers related stories that took place parked outside Kenny Rogers Roasters. If anyone has any of those...
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

PS...

Name:  16386860_133554033820493_4692725149539302132_n.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  30.7 KB
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

You all hate Kenny Rogers.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

I don't hate Kenny Rogers.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I've wondered ever since the Big Lebowski if any of that psych-pop material was any good. Apparently not...but I still want to hear it!

Kenny Rogers cancels tour due to 'health challenges.'

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/kenny-r...th-challenges/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Kenny Rogers was admitted to a hospital and treated for dehydration but seems to be ok.

https://www.snopes.com/ap/2019/05/31...r-dehydration/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Jane View Post
    This is also a perfect thread for non-music Kenny Rogers related stories that took place parked outside Kenny Rogers Roasters. If anyone has any of those...
    I guess I'll tell it again for those who weren't on AVM for years and years because I have 15 minutes left in my shift to kill. When I was 19, I worked at Arby's. Across the street from us, a Kenny Rogers' Roasters location opened up. A co-worker named Paul and I were very excited when we found out that Kenny was going to be there for the grand opening. On the night before the grand opening, Paul and I had to work a late shift and then also had to open that morning, so we decided to pull an all-nighter. This involved going to see some exotic dancers (in our Arby's uniforms because neither one of us thought to bring a change of clothes), and... imbibing a little too much. I remember leaving the bar but that's it. Sometimes certain substances don't mix so well. Anyway, the next thing I remember is a loud knock. I shook myself awake and realized that Paul and I had passed out in my car, but my car wasn't in the parking lot of the esteemed gentlemen's club that we'd been enjoying but in fact parked in front of the main entrance to the Kenny Rogers' Roasters that was opening up across from Arby's. As in, I'd parked my car on the sidewalk in front of the door. The knock on the window was the manager and he needed us to move. Not yet 100% coherent, I told the manager that we were there to meet Kenny, which in my mind at the time justified parking my car there, and he told us that Kenny had to cancel. So we started up the car, drove it across the street to Arby's and went to work shortly thereafter.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

LOL

Oddly enough I was copying a Kenny Rogers 42 greatest hits cd last night. Grew up hearing his music cause my mom is a huge fan. So heard lots of his non hit stuff. He is OK. Love the one song from Six Pack.