Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DYNASTY 3-D and REVENGE OF THE SHOGUN WOMEN 3-D

Yeah, Nikkatsu employed a lot of very talented people for sure.

As far as classic 70s martial arts films in general?

Off the top of my head (and not wanting to repeat suggestions already listed):

The 36th Chamber of Shaolin
    -Five Deadly Venoms
    -The One Armed Swordsman (though it's late 60s)
    -Vengeance (the Chang Cheh movie)
    -Drunken Master
    -Knockabout
    -Five Fingers Of Death
    -Master Of The Flying Guillotine
    -Magnificent Butcher
    -Deadly China Doll & Hapkido with Angela Mao are awesome

And of course, Bruce Lee's stuff.

That's a very Chinese list. Throwing some Japanese into the mix...

-If you liked the Lone Wolf & Cub stuff, definitely seek out the two Lady Snowblood movies if you haven't already.
    -Chiba's Mas Oyama trilogy (Karate Bearfighter, Karate Bullfighter and Karate For Life) is also completely great.
    -Zatoichi Vs. The One Armed Swordsman is a nice mash up.
    -Chiba's Killing Machine is great. Pretty much everything Chiba did in the 70s was great.
    -Sex & Fury = Reiko Ike & Christina Lindberg with a whip. You really can't go wrong. Naked sword fight!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Thanks, Ian.

Come to think of it DYNASTY and REVENGE OF THE SHOGUN WOMEN probably qualify as Pinky Violence.

I dug into my Asian box and came out with a number of DVDs I forgot I had bought: Sex and Fury, Code of the Forgotten Eight, Female Yakuza Tale, Wandering Ginza Butterfly, Female Scorpion films, and the amazing Horrors of Malformed Men among others. Also found King Hu films who was an entirely different. This is what happens when you run out of shelf space, you forget what you bought.

Can you suggest which edition of the Angelo Mao films I should buy?
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Regarding Angela Mao, there's a pretty decent NTSC R0 release of Broken Oath available from Hong Kong, Lady Whirlwind and A Queen's Ransom (haven't seen this one) too, and The Invincible Eight (haven't seen that one either). And then there's Stoner. Some of them are out of print, some are not.

http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/search.ph...ategory=DVDVCD

But as far as domestic releases go, the quality is generally not so hot. With that said...

I have this and it's watchable enough, the movies are a lot of fun too. Crash Cinema is no longer around so I'm going to guess this is out of print and not going to get easier to find.

Deadly China Doll Collection

Name:  deadly china doll.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  21.7 KB

It contains the following three movies:
    -Moonlight Sword and Jade Lion
    -Sting Of The Dragon Master
    -Dance Of Death

There are bootlegs available of Hapkido and When Taekwondo Strikes (which is the same movie as Sting Of The Dragon Master) - I have no idea what the quality is like.

Battle Of Shaolin is also pretty good and the Crash Cinema DVD is widescreen though out of print and not cheap.

Name:  battle.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  22.1 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Kino is releasing Dynasty in 3-D on Blu-ray!

https://cityonfire.com/super-dragon-...e-blu-ray-dvd/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

According to blu-ray.com, Kino intended to release "Revenge of the Shogun Women 3D" on blu-ray in early 2020, but it's been delayed until 2021. I'd love to see it and "Dynasty."

Cover art and extra features announced for Dynasty!

-The House of Terror – Restored 1953 3-D Comic Book
    -Two Stereo Slide Presentations from 10-Time Emmy Award Winning Writer Eric Drysdale: “Sold on Stereo, Commercial 3D in the 1950s” and “Inside a Mid-century Department Store”
    -“Go Away I Like You Too Much” 3-D Music Video from The Simple Carnival by Jeff Boller
    -Super-Touch Lens System Featurette by 3-D Expert Mike Ballew, Produced by Joe Tiberio
    -Restored 4 channel Quadrophonic Sound
    -1 Pair of Anaglyphic 3-D Glasses with Information on How to Acquire Additional Glasses
    -Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
    -Optional English Subtitles

Name:  dynasty-blu-ray.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  79.7 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quadrophonic Sound !!!

Coming December 14th from Kino Lorber Studio Classics
    Revenge of the Shogun Women (1977)
    • Includes Both BD3D Polarized AND Anaglyphic (Red/Cyan) 3-D Versions and the 2-D Version
    • One Pair of Anaglyphic 3-D glasses
    • Three 3-D Shorts:
    College Capers (1953)
    Persian Slave Market (1953)
    Two Guys from Tick Ridge (1973)
    Color 98 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated R
    From Mei-Chun Chang, the director of Dynasty, comes this eye-popping martial-arts extravaganza set near the turn of the 18th century in China. Thirteen women train to become nuns after they are ravaged by bandits. A mastery of kung fu is required before the women finish their training, and after they leave the temple the nuns head out for vengeance. Starring Ying Bai, Shirley Han and Shisuen Leong, Revenge of the Shogun Women, also known as 13 Nuns, delivers chop-socky 3-D action in spades! Restored in 3-D by 3-D Film Archive!

Name:  244738705_1522795244730356_2800013955978010940_n.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  84.5 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Richard--W should consider looking into Sengoku Rock: Female Warriors (aka The Naked Seven, 1974). For Samurai action with female nudity, I doubt that it has ever been beaten. I loved it. It should be noted however that Takuma rated it a measly 1.5/5; and his judgement and experience surpass mine.

Quote Originally Posted by mjeon View Post
    Richard--W should consider looking into Sengoku Rock: Female Warriors (aka The Naked Seven, 1974). For Samurai action with female nudity, I doubt that it has ever been beaten. I loved it. It should be noted however that Takuma rated it a measly 1.5/5; and his judgement and experience surpass mine.
    Well, that's a very old rating and I've started doubting myself. But then again, I might as well be right!

So Richard--W (who hasn't been here since 2014, it seems) loves Shogun Women but what do the rest of you guys think of it? Would it be a worthy purchase for some boobs and kung fu fun even if you don't have 3D equipment?