Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Cobra Woman (Eva Nera) - Laura Gemser & Jack Palance!

Black Cobra Woman (Eva Nera) - Laura Gemser & Jack Palance!

This got a widescreen DVD release in Italy (Italian language, no English subs)...

Name:  VaohK.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  51.2 KB

...but to the best of my knowledge has only ever received lousy fullframe tape sourced lovin' in North America.

Apprehensive Films are putting it out on a double feature disc next month teamed up with Superbitch. Observe the less than good cover art:

They previously released it on its own and their website says that it is at least letterboxed though I have no idea as to the quality of it.

Here's a trailer.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Also it was released by some budget label using this completely shitty cover:

Name:  yuck.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  17.3 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Funny you started this thread, Ian, as I got the Apprehensive bootleg last week! I haven't looked at it yet but it does indeed claim to be letterboxed. The cover is that image from the double feature - I don't hate it but no, it's no great shakes. I'll report back when I watch it, probably next week. I have never seen the film, btw. I have it in at least one budget set (fullframe) but never have gotten round to it.

I hate supporting these bootleggers but I couldn't resisit this letterboxed version. Apprehensive also released SUPER BITCH as a solo disc btw, but if you're interested in this film the Arrow disc is the way to go.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Weird timing! I've got my copy en route, should have it by Monday. If you don't beat me to it, I'll post some screen grabs then.

And having never seen Superbitch, if I dig it when I watch it, I'll support the Arrow release. I haven't seen either one of these before.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Because I have a bad habit of hating to buy only one thing at Amazon, haha, I also got Apprehensive's dvd of MAGDALENA - THE DEVIL INSIDE THE FEMALE aka MAGDALENA POSSESSED BY THE DEVIL. I haven't looked that one either but it weirdly says on the back cover "fullscreen letterboxed uncut trailers" which I take to mean there are two versions of the film included but who knows? I'll try to check it out in the next few days.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

What a strange way to phrase things. Definitely interested to see how those two releases shape up, Andrew.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

They continue to shamelessly rip off the fan community. These titles are available for free / trade and in better quality, as Apprehensive includes degrading the sources they rip off as part of their 'service'. FRANKENSTEIN 80 and MAGDELENA were well done fandubs made with the German VHS tapes and english tracks, and now SUPERBITCH and EVA NERA are getting bootlegged for profit treatment. They also have a habit of skipping the anamorphic enhancements and most of the extras from the fandiscs ( they used the trailers only, not the image galleries ect ).

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    And having never seen Superbitch, if I dig it when I watch it, I'll support the Arrow release. I haven't seen either one of these before.
    Having watch Superbitch recently, I can say with virtual certainty that you'll dig the hell out of it, Ian.

Funnily enough, today I bought Arrow's SUPERBITCH from my local HMV for £6!

I've never seen EVA NERA but have been curious about it for a long while. I'll see if I can track down that fandub or, alternately, pony up for the Italian DVD and muddle through it with my mediocre understanding of the Italian language
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Received this one in the mail recently and wrote down my thoughts. The quality of Black Cobra Woman is pretty heinous, although framed correctly. On the other hands, SuperBitch is framed INcorrectly, but looks leagues better...but why bother when Arrow's DVD is so superior?

http://www.examiner.com/review/appre...from-the-vault

Some screen caps:Name:  vlcsnap-2013-01-25-17h52m38s147.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  36.8 KBName:  vlcsnap-2013-01-25-17h52m58s101.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  27.7 KBName:  vlcsnap-2013-01-25-17h53m59s197.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  33.8 KBName:  vlcsnap-2013-01-25-17h55m02s53.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  38.0 KBName:  vlcsnap-2013-01-25-17h56m07s197.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  34.8 KB