Thread: French Slasher - Last Caress

French Slasher - Last Caress

Here's another oddball French slasher film, this time a newer one that's being marketed as 'glam gore' for some reason?

Trailer!

"Five youngsters who just wanted to spend a nice weekend among friends in a manor will find a far less peaceful place than they expected when faced with a family curse and a sadistic ruthless killer. Last Caress is directed by the promising duo François Gaillard and Christophe Robin, whose debut movie, Blackaria, has been overwhelmingly acclaimed in many festivals. A true exploitation movie with a European touch; Last Caress mixes steamy eroticism, extreme violence, thrilling suspense and visual experimentation."

Name:  last.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  24.7 KB

IMDB says it was made in 2010 so it's fairly recent.

Name:  last2.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  15.0 KB

François Gaillard and Christophe Robin directed it and they seem to have a strange little cottage industry of low budget slasher and horror/gore pictures going on in their home land.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I have this double feature of it and BLACK ARIA. Haven't watched either one yet but I did take a look at them and they have that ultra low budget SOV look...both are pretty short films too I believe. Will check them out at some point.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Thanks Andrew, I'm curious to see if this is worth delving into or not. So much of this Giallo throwback type stuff can go either way (coughcoughFantomKillercoughcough).
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    I have this double feature of it and BLACK ARIA.
    Sounds like these Frenchies are big Glenn Danzig fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    I have this double feature of it and BLACK ARIA. Haven't watched either one yet but I did take a look at them and they have that ultra low budget SOV look...both are pretty short films too I believe. Will check them out at some point.
    Yeah, I wasn't really into the sort of Barbara Walters, soft focus lens SOV feel they had going on, although the artsy gore and giallo throwback look won some points with me. I'd be interested in seeing it, but I doubt I'll be actually purchasing. Dig the Double Dragon score, though.