Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official TINTO BRASS Thread...

The Official TINTO BRASS Thread...

I remember not liking this one as much as other films of his, but blu-ray makes everything better!
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Cover art for Fallo...

Name:  Private_BD_2D-large.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  63.0 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I really enjoyed FALLO and will upgrade. I sure hope they keep the Brass BD's coming. We need PAPRIKA!

Coming from Arrow May 20, 2013.

Arrow Video: All Ladies Do It
    Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD - £12.99
    Cat No: FCD758

Released: 20 May 2013

Starring: Claudia Koll, Paolo Lanza
    Directed by: Tinto Brass
    Rating: 18
    Duration: TBC

Overview: Diana (Claudia Koll) and Paolo (Paolo Lanza) are happily married despite her much greater sexual appetite: he’s content to simply listen to the stories of her various adventures. But when she has an affair that’s much too close to home, he throws her out, and she moves into a Venetian flat to embark upon an erotic voyage of discovery, while at the same time trying to win him back.

Loosely inspired by the Mozart opera Così fan tutte (the title is a direct translation), the film tackles a crucial question: why shouldn’t women enjoy the same sexual freedom that they’ve long had to tolerate in their men? Especially when they have such shapely and inviting rears?

Once again, Tinto Brass proves his unmatched skill at balancing eroticism and humour in this lively and beautifully photographed comedy, both wittier and more sexually explicit than the average softcore romp.

Special Features:
    - High Definition Blu-ray and Standard Definition DVD Presentation of the film in widescreen for the first time!
    - Optional English and Italian audio
    - Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian audio
    - Featurette on the film with director Tinto Brass
    - Original Trailer
    - Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly illustrated artwork by The Red Dress
    - Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic David Flint, illustrated with rare production stills

Region B/2
    RRP £19.99

Name:  ALL_LADIES_DO_IT_2D_DUAL_compressed.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  96.2 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

And this one too!

Arrow Video: The Key
    Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD - £12.99
    Cat No: FCD759

Released: 20 May 2013

Starring: Frank Finlay, Stefania Sandrelli
    Directed by: Tinto Brass
    Rating: 18
    Duration: TBC

Overview: Tinto Brass’s first major film since the notorious Caligula stars Frank Finlay as a man who is terrified of losing his voluptuous wife Teresa (Stefania Sandrelli) because he is unable to satisfy her sexually. He arranges for her to have an affair, by taking erotic photographs of her and asking her would-be lover to develop them. Meanwhile, he keeps abreast of her burgeoning relationship by reading her diary, in the full knowledge that she in turn is reading his...

One of Brass’s most critically acclaimed films, The Key is also one of his most elegant, with wintry Venetian locations, a beautiful Ennio Morricone score and a strong sense of period - it’s set in 1940, just before Mussolini’s Italy entered World War II.

However, it also unmistakably shows the path that Brass would eventually follow, with startlingly graphic sex scenes for a supposedly ‘respectable’ film cast with serious actors.

Special Features:
    - High Definition Blu-ray and Standard Definition DVD Presentation of the film in widescreen for the first time!
    - Optional English and Italian audio
    - Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian audio
    - Original Trailer
    - Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly illustrated artwork by The Red Dress
    - Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Tinto Brass scholar Alexander Tuschinski, illustrated with rare production stills

Region B/2
    RRP £19.99

Name:  THE_KEY_2D_DUAL_compressed.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  94.6 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Arrow's insert in the new Metzger discs also apparently says that a boxed set is coming as are individual Blu-ray releases for Frivolous Lola and Cheeky.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Are these arrow releases going to be uncut versions or the prudish bbfc versions I wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Lalala76 View Post
    Are these arrow releases going to be uncut versions or the prudish bbfc versions I wonder
    This is what I'd like to know too. However, the BBFC weren't guilty of cutting ALL LADIES DO IT last time: Arrow chose to release the shorter version. There's also conflicting information about Arrow's earlier release of LA CHIAVE too, with the BBFC stating that it was a precut version identical to the UK cinema version (cut by 38s back in '84 and also subjected to some optical censorship), but on the other hand Melonfarmers suggests that it's actually uncut (and may have therefore slipped through the BBFC's net): http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/hitsk.htm

Here's hoping both films are uncut this time - and ALL LADIES DO IT is the longer, more explicit version.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
    This is what I'd like to know too. However, the BBFC weren't guilty of cutting ALL LADIES DO IT last time: Arrow chose to release the shorter version. There's also conflicting information about Arrow's earlier release of LA CHIAVE too, with the BBFC stating that it was a precut version identical to the UK cinema version (cut by 38s back in '84 and also subjected to some optical censorship), but on the other hand Melonfarmers suggests that it's actually uncut (and may have therefore slipped through the BBFC's net): http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/hitsk.htm

Here's hoping both films are uncut this time - and ALL LADIES DO IT is the longer, more explicit version.
    Its an odd one as in the UK Caligual was submitted by arrow containing the hardcore footage and was passed uncut, however when they submitted Metzgers the score the bbfc rejected the explicit version mainly because the public wasnt ready for male on male blowjobs I guess. So in a way the bbfc are getting more accepting on one level but on the other they are not. In a nutshell Im tired of having to research each title as they come out and/or pay over the odds for usually the unnrated US versions, rather than just trusting and buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalala76 View Post
    Its an odd one as in the UK Caligual was submitted by arrow containing the hardcore footage and was passed uncut, however when they submitted Metzgers the score the bbfc rejected the explicit version mainly because the public wasnt ready for male on male blowjobs I guess.
    Yes, considering how lax the BBFC have been with other 'legitimate' (ie, narrative) films containing real sex, their treatment of SCORE seemed quite discriminatory to me.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard