Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Redemption Announces 14 NEW Franco Titles For Blu-ray in 2013

Les chatouiileuses is one I'm interested in here. Does anyone know if this is similar to celestine in style? Speaking of which I hope this gets released too with english subs/lang. I have the French artus copy. Does anyone know who has the rights to Shining sex. This is crying out for a release in my eyes.

All the Redemption titles have had either English audio or subs so I'm suire Les Chatouiileuses will as well. Never seen the movie before, looking forward to it.

They dropped a few more bits of info on their page last night/this morning:

When asked about Virgin Among The Living Dead - " Will "A Virgin Among the Living Dead" contain any alternate versions of the film like the zombie version or "Christina Princess of Eroticism"?

They said - "Regarding Virgin we’re waiting on the materials to arrive from Paris but its certainly my hope that amongst everything will be the footage relating to VATLD and if its there then we’ll definitely include it."

And then this:

"Re "Les Chatouilleuses”, its very unlikely that there’s an English language track but if there is we would include but the main release would be French with English subs."

"The other titles will be announced a little bit down the line though T&PE is a serious contender for inclusion and its one of Redemption original releases so is a bit of a fave."

And...

"Re Succubus and ViF, they’re both great films but ViF is under license and we don’t currently have any plans to license Succubus, great title that it is."

And....

"Re "The Erotic Rites of Frankenstein”, we have access to the original French negatives from the original Comptoir Français du Film version so whatever is on those is what we’ll get. It’s not been mastered yet but this is one of Franco’s best titles imo so I'd like this to be the definitive release if possible."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    "Re "The Erotic Rites of Frankenstein”, we have access to the original French negatives from the original Comptoir Français du Film version so whatever is on those is what we’ll get. It’s not been mastered yet but this is one of Franco’s best titles imo so I'd like this to be the definitive release if possible."
    Wow, this is great. Maybe there's chance we will also get the French version of "Dracula vs. Frankenstein" (known as "Dracula Prisonnier de Frankenstein") for the first time on home video.

An update! (they actually posted it in March, but still!)

"Coming to Blu-ray and DVD from Redemption this summer are two classic Franco films; A Virgin Among the Living Dead (1971) with Alice Arno, and the fabulous and much overlooked, Nightmares Come at Night (1970) starring Franco’s beautiful and tragic first muse, Soledad Miranda. Both films have been remastered into HD from the original materials and have never looked better. More details on the release dates, extras and content coming very soon."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    An update! (they actually posted it in March, but still!)

"Coming to Blu-ray and DVD from Redemption this summer are two classic Franco films; A Virgin Among the Living Dead (1971) with Alice Arno, and the fabulous and much overlooked, Nightmares Come at Night (1970) starring Franco’s beautiful and tragic first muse, Soledad Miranda. Both films have been remastered into HD from the original materials and have never looked better. More details on the release dates, extras and content coming very soon."
    I cant see Redemption cramming in a further 12 titles between August and the end of the year surely!!??!!

If they do, I'll be ready to WATCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Lalala76 View Post
    I cant see Redemption cramming in a further 12 titles between August and the end of the year surely!!??!!
    Well, if they release them at the rate they released Rollin titles when they first started the blu-ray line, maybe.

I don't know anything for certain, but I strongly suspect we'll hear an announcement about a Franco "Orloff" box set -- so that may help boost that number.

I would love DRACULA with the wailing woman put back in.

Looking forward to this! Can't wait to finally see the French version of "Erotic Rites ..." and a decent version of "Dracula, Prisoner ..."
    I've been putting off buying "Sinister Eyes of Orloff" because I heard the Intervision isn't really worth buying. Hopefully they're also release a good version of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Koukol View Post
    I would love DRACULA with the wailing woman put back in.
    Please elaborate Mr Koukol