Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Redemption Announces 14 NEW Franco Titles For Blu-ray in 2013

Diabolik DVD now has preorders (and some welcome information) up for:

Nightmares Come At Night

SYNOPSIS: A Zagreb nightclub dancer, Cincia, moves in with Anne, a beautiful exotic dancer, and the two commence an odd, but erotic, relationship. The peace breaks, however, when Anne begins to have nightmarish visions of gory crimes -- starring herself as the perpetrator. When reality and fantasy blur, Anne begins to wonder if she's only dreaming the terror.

SPECIAL FEATURES: Interviews with former friends and collaborators discussing Franco’s legacy (broken out into several segments among these new Franco releases), ALL NEW Audio Commentary by Tim Lucas, Trailers and much more!

Blu-Ray
    YEAR: 1970
    GENRE: HORROR
    LANGUAGE: ENGLISH DUBBED or ORIGINAL FRENCH with OPTIONAL ENGLISH SUBTITLES
    TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 83 mins
    ASPECT RATIO: 1.66:1 (16x9)
    AUDIO: MONO

Virgin Among The Living Dead

SYNOPSIS: After losing her mother at an early age and being raised at a boarding school, Cristina Reiner is notified of her father's death and summoned to Monserrat Mansion for the reading of his will. Other members of her strange, accursed family are found there awaiting the imminent demise of Cristina's ailing stepmother, whom she has never met. When Death finally visits the castle in the person of an elegantly attired Queen of Darkness, Cristina is approached by the ghost of her father, who advises her to flee the castle and her cold-skinned, bloodthirsty relatives. But is it already too late? Find out if you dare in cult director Jess Franco's legendary cult classic.

SPECIAL FEATURES: Two complete different versions of the film (Christina: Princess of Eroticism (Franco’s Director’s Cut) AND the more commonly known A Virgin Among the Living Dead which featured zombie footage shot by Jean Rollin), Featurette: “Mysterious Dreams” - one of the last on camera interviews with director Jess Franco (shot not long before his death), Interviews with former friends and collaborators discussing Franco’s legacy (broken out into seveal segments among these new Franco releases), Deleted Scenes, ALL NEW Audio Commentary by Tim Lucas, Trailers and much more!

Blu-Ray
    YEAR: 1973
    TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 79 mins
    COLOR

The Awful Doctor Orloff

SYNOPSIS: When beautiful music hall entertainers begin to disappear under mysterious circumstances, Inspector Tanner is summoned to investigate. His resourceful fiancée decides to help him by going undercover as a cabaret singer, and succeeds all too well, attracting the attention of the diabolical Dr. Orlof, who, with his blind henchman Morpho, is using the skin of slain women to restore the beauty of his disfigured sister, Melissa! "The Awful Dr. Orlof" is one of the last films of the 1960s to strike a genuine chord of Gothic horror reminiscent of the great classics of Universal, and the silent masterworks of Germany's UFA. Simultaneously, it strikes an underlying harmonic of progress and innovation, heralding a new age of erotic and sado-masochistic permissiveness within the genre. Jess Franco's first majorfilm is an atmospheric, well-photographed, amazingly lurid little masterpiece that deserves serious attention from horror fans. The brilliant, cacophonicjazz score and unusual camera angles work to create a real feeling of menace, and there's rich attention paid to period detail, and eerie lighting.

SPECIAL FEATURES: Featurette: “The Horror of Orlof” (15 min) - one of the last on camera interviews with director Jess Franco (shot not long before his death), Interviews with former friends and collaborators discussing Franco’s legacy (broken out into several segments among these new Franco releases), ALL NEW Audio Commentary by Tim Lucas, Trailers and much more!

NTSC Region 1
    YEAR: 1962
    TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 86 mins
    BLACK & WHITE

DVD & Blu-ray releases, all slated for August.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

And the cover art courtesy of Fangoria.

Name:  FRANCOREDEMPTIONDISCNEWS1.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  39.8 KB

Name:  FRANCOREDEMPTIONDISCNEWS2.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  30.1 KB

Name:  FRANCOREDEMPTIONDISCNEWS3.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  40.2 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Great news. Was hoping that those crazy nuns would be joining the intitial phase, so a little disappointed with that but otherwise excited like a kid at xmas.

Somebody check my math:

films to go.

Is that right?

These are new hi-def transfers, right? Different language options. Two versions of A VIRGIN. The covers look okay. I'll buy these when I get back from the World 3-D Expo, not before.
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Damn, no DVDs coming?

Quote Originally Posted by WillemClaeys View Post
    Damn, no DVDs coming?
    More than likely Redemption will have these released on dvd too. Usually do.

Great news. I will be picking up A Virgin Among the Living Dead on Blu-ray for sure. Love that film. Probably won't be buying the other two as I'm not very fond of them. I can't wait for the other Franco Blu-rays that Redemption has lined up.

As promised, Redemption appears to be following through on the Franco titles released by Image on DVD, making new hi-def transfers from the elements for blu-ray. So, in addition to the aforementioned:

1962 The Awful Dr. Orloff
    1970 Nightmares Come At Night
    1971 A Virgin Among the Living Dead

for summer 2013 release, and the recently released:

1973 Female Vampire
    1979 Exorcism / Demoiac
    1983 Oasis of the Zombies

we should expect:

1962 The Sadistic Baron Von Klaus
    1964 Dr. Orloff's Monster
    1970 Orloff and the Invisible Man
    1970 She Killed In Ecstasy
    1971 The Devil Came From Akasava
    1971 Vampyros Lesbos
    1971 X-312 Flight to Hell
    1972 Dracula Prisoner of Frankenstein
    1972 The (Erotic, maybe) Rites of Frankenstein
    1974 Devil's Island Lovers
    1976 Night of the Skulls
    1982 Revenge In the House of Usher

to trickle out over the course of the next several years.

Did I get anything wrong or leave some out?

Or did some of the above get picked up by another distributor?

Looks like Kino / Redemption will be releasing the inventory once a year, perhaps twice a year, in groups of three. Koukol, do the math for us. I'm particularly interested in how Redemption handles the three most problematic titles Vampyros Lesbos, Dracula Prisoner of Frankenstein and The (Erotic, maybe) Rites of Frankenstein. To my eye, the most accomplished of these titles are Franco's earlier films, The Awful Dr. Orloff and The Sadistic Baron Von Klaus. I urge Redemption to give prompt attention to releasing Les Demons (1972) stateside, since they distribute it on DVD in the U.K. They should make Les Demons their priority of priorities.

At any rate I'm going to buy every Franco blu-ray that Redemption puts out.
    Last edited by Richard--W; 05-22-2013 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard--W View Post
    As promised, Redemption appears to be following through on the Franco titles released by Image on DVD, making new hi-def transfers from the elements for blu-ray. So, in addition to the aforementioned:

1962 The Awful Dr. Orloff
    1970 Nightmares Come At Night
    1971 A Virgin Among the Living Dead

for summer 2013 release, and the recently released:

1973 Female Vampire
    1979 Exorcism / Demoiac
    1983 Oasis of the Zombies

we should expect:

1962 The Sadistic Baron Von Klaus
    1964 Dr. Orloff's Monster
    1966 The Diabolical Dr. Z
    1970 Orloff and the Invisible Man
    1970 She Killed In Ecstasy
    1971 The Devil Came From Akasava
    1971 Vampyros Lesbos
    1971 X-312 Flight to Hell
    1972 Dracula Prisoner of Frankenstein
    1972 The (Erotic, maybe) Rites of Frankenstein
    1974 Devil's Island Lovers
    1976 Night of the Skulls
    1982 Revenge In the House of Usher

to trickle out over the course of the next several years.

Did I get anything wrong or leave some out?

Or did some of the above get picked up by another distributor?

Looks like Kino / Redemption will be releasing the inventory once a year, perhaps twice a year, in groups of three. Koukol, do the math for us. I'm particularly interested in how Redemption handles the three most problematic titles, Vampyros Lesbos, Dracula Prisoner of Frankenstein and The (Erotic, maybe) Rites of Frankenstein. To my eye, the most accomplished of these titles are Franco's earlier films, The Sadistic Baron Von Klaus and The Diabolical Dr. Z. I urge Redemption to give prompt attention to releasing Les Demons (1972) stateside, since they distribute it on DVD in the U.K. They should make Les Demons their priority of priorities.

At any rate I'm going to buy every Franco blu-ray that Redemption puts out.

They mentioned The Demons and Les Chatouilleuses (Crazy Nuns) in their initial announcement, so those are forthcoming.

I haven't heard mention of Redemption doing The Diabolical Dr. Z or any of the titles Mondo Macabro put out.

Also, Orloff and the Invisible Man was not directed by Franco.

Thanks for catching that mistake The Diabolical Dr. Z. I'll take it out.

I thought it was understood Franco had a hand in Orloff and the Invisible Man.