Page 126 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1283

Thread: Jess Franco Blu-ray

I'm interested to see what it looks like. There are so many people willing to slag something off over minor issues these days it drives me mad. This was the first Franco I ever saw on that notorious UK ITV Sunday night broadcast nearly 30 years ago. It looked like somebody had been using the print to wipe their arse with. Anything would be an improvement.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

I hope it's solid. The bad review says VHS quality and the positive one is so glowing, I think its a plant.
    The company released HOUSE THAT SCREAMED last week as well and it's a mess.

I did jump here and hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bernhard View Post
    Bummer Dept:
    Alive's German BD of DRACULA PRISONER OF FRANKENSTEIN came out yesterday and there are already negative reviews at amazon.de. Looks like another BD to skip.
    I don't have it yet, but I guess it the transfer will look similar to the Dorado BDs as the transfer is coming from a 35mm print too. To be honest that's perfectly okay for me. I must say I prefer the Dorado transfers to the waxy look of some of Blue Underground's Franco BDs. And btw, don't trust reviews on amazon.de: the majority of people who review DVDs/BDs there have no clue about anything - amazon.com is much better in that regard.

Of course, if some day we will get a transfer from the French neg. of DRACULA PRISONER OF FRANKENSTEIN I will gladly buy it again...

Someone must have it by now, what's the score people?

Quote Originally Posted by stinty View Post
    Someone must have it by now, what's the score people?
    Its in transit. For some reason Amazon sent La Residencia by courier and Dracula contra Frankenstein is coming via Royal Mail, which means Wednesday/Thursday for me.

So, I watched it tonight (Dracula contra Frankenstein). I say its ok. Just necessary to moderate any expectations. It is obviously taken from a print. There is an extra on the disc that compares the original print and the restored print. the original print was in very bad shape, so I guess they did a lot of work to get it up to the standard. It is just a little uninspiring. More in line with a Dorado release or maybe a soft Eurocine print. There is also what appears to be some fading on the right hand side of the screen which lasts the whole duration. Not overly distracting but its there nonetheless. It doesn't merit the 1 star Amazon review but it wont blow your socks off either. more like a 2.5 or 3/5. Bear in mind that the Image and Tartan dvds didn't look too hot either, and the negative is somewhere in a vault unknown. Blu-ray artwork is cool though. One for slipcase fans.

Is there a nude/clothed variant of this and if so, which is this?

Quote Originally Posted by stinty View Post
    Is there a nude/clothed variant of this and if so, which is this?
    Clothed. Rumours persist about an unclothed variant but its never been substantiated. Escalated I think by the fact that there are some nude stills from the film, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Severin just announced this one for late 2017...along with several other new titles.
    Oddly the description is Franco, but there is artwork that looks like Al Adamson's cheesefest.
    http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=21629

Thats very confusing. I thought Severin were releasing the Paul Naschy film

From their description it does look like its the Jess Franco Dracula, Prisoner of Frankenstein. Why use the more obscure title of Dracula contra Frankenstein, especially when its not the english title?

Maybe its a mistake by Blu-ray.com?