Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Jess Franco Blu-ray

Quote Originally Posted by Richard--W View Post
    Would everyone please email Eurocine at

info@ascotdvd.com

and ask them to include an English subtitle option with the original language on their forthcoming Franco blu-rays. This is preferable to the new English dubs they are providing.

They'll do it if they know the fans want it.
    Sometimes I like the dubbing, Midnight party for example. However I think both versions would be ideal.

From Severins FB page: "I think we may have figured out a way to include the too-salacious-for-some and really quite different French cut of HOT NIGHTS OF LINDA in the package, for the serious Franco-philes (it is his alternate footage by the way, not some imposter). It will involve an extra disc in a limited edition. Details of how to get it will follow when we've ironed out all the release details. Why are we as a label so drawn to movies with such complicated histories?"

Good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Geten View Post
    From Severins FB page: "I think we may have figured out a way to include the too-salacious-for-some and really quite different French cut of HOT NIGHTS OF LINDA in the package, for the serious Franco-philes (it is his alternate footage by the way, not some imposter). It will involve an extra disc in a limited edition. Details of how to get it will follow when we've ironed out all the release details. Why are we as a label so drawn to movies with such complicated histories?"

Good news.
    Yeah I noticed that. It looks like I may have to import yet again as I cant imagine that getting passed on Amazon UK like the redemption bds, presuming the ltd edition has the xxx shots as I think its referring to.
    Last edited by Lalala76; 06-21-2013 at 05:25 AM.

The limited edition should come packaged with a free banana... or not.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

There's also a hint that there's more Blu-ray Franco titles in the pipeline...

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  8.2 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I'm lost now. There's that much going on its getting stressful. I think its the teasing and anticipation. In a way I wish they just released things and caught you/us by surprise, like the old days pre internet. In that way the months of teasing doesn't get unbearable. I'm not just talking franco titles here either.

Pre-order is up for Severin's 3-disc limited edition version of HOT NIGHTS OF LINDA.

http://www.severin-films.com/2013/06...-bludvd-combo/

Great news, unfortunate that the brutal nights of linda French version is of such poor quality still. Whats even more shitty news is that Severin don't ship internationally!!!

There goes my spending diet for the World 3-D Expo September 6.
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalala76 View Post
    Great news, unfortunate that the brutal nights of linda French version is of such poor quality still. Whats even more shitty news is that Severin don't ship internationally!!!
    I'm sure Diabolik would be happy to stock some copies for you. At the very least, $25 isn't a bad price for a 3-disc Franco special edition. I am starting to get a bit irritated at all these pre-order bonuses though. The best ones always come along when I don't have any money.