Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American Juggalo

American Juggalo

I'm not an ICP fan. At all. But this is interesting in a train wreck sort of way.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

The scene where the guy gets his face painted using spray paint is hilarious.

haha Woop woop. I'm glad I couldn't smell that video.

Way Out Hep Cat Johnny Stickman's Avatar
    A great short doc. I'm not one to stand up for trashy subcultures, but still, it's pretty cool to get a glimpse into a world I would never want to wander into. I don't like ICP either, but their fans are interesting in a strange way. I've known to many of them honestly.
    Last edited by Johnny Stickman; 03-10-2013 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Iron Man lives again!

Yeah, I almost wish that thing had been feature length. I'm never ever going to go to the Gathering of the Juggalos but I appreciate the look into a subculture that I completely admit I do not understand.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Yeah, I almost wish that thing had been feature length.
    I was thinking that, too, a few minutes in, but I think 20 mins was just about right. I don't know how much more "woop woop" and "fuckin' family" I could've standed. Looks like they got a good representation of the different types of attendees. I'm sure the interviews on the cutting room floor aren't very interesting. Also, I was getting sick of the nude girls that looked like they stumbled out of Browning's Freaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    t I appreciate the look into a subculture that I completely admit I do not understand.
    My thoughts exactly......I also think that the doc would have been alright stretched to about 40 mins or 1 hour...no longer than that though!

Guess they didn't even have enough good stuff to last 30 mins....Bits they left out must have been terrible!

Valid points. I'd suspect that a lot of what wound up on the cutting room floor was likely interviewees too out of it to have much to say. And Paul, you're right, the whoop whoop gets old fast.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Haha...gotta love the WOOP WOOP!!!

I think doing a longer doc just on the gathering and/or juggalos would be difficult to sit thru. However, someone should do a feature doc on the FBI classifying juggalos as a gang and the upcoming lawsuit against it by icp.