Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Álex de la Iglesia's WITCHING AND BITCHING

In other Alex De Iglesia news, Severin has got Freak-O-Rama over in Spain shooting some interviews with him, presumably for an upcoming release.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Any chance of Alex De La Iglesia's THE DAY OF THE BEAST (El Dia De La Bestia) getting a Region A Blu-ray release? That's still my #1 (or #2) title for "Films that still need domestic blu-rays."

Anyone happen to know who currently holds the US rights for Trimark releases? I believe Unearthed Films has released a couple, such as DARK SIDE OF THE MOON and NIGHTWISH.
    Last edited by Curwen; 04-16-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Curwen View Post
    Any chance of Alex De La Iglesia's THE DAY OF THE BEAST (El Dia De La Bestia) getting a Region A Blu-ray release? That's still my #1 (or #2) title for "Films that still need domestic blu-rays."
    It's never even had a North American DVD release; it's one of the most glaring MIA titles. I have no idea why it hasn't been released here, considering De La Iglesia has been otherwise well-represented on disc.

I don't want to start any rumors as I have no 'insider info' here or anything but if I had to bet on what Severin would be releasing from his filmography my money would be on Day Of The Beast specifically for the reason you note above.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Name:  pd.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  40.4 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

"Severin will also be premiering new restorations of Álex de la Iglesia’s 1997 English-language debut PERDITA DURANGO, starring Javier Bardem,Rosie Perez, James Gandolfini and Screamin’ Jay Hawkins from an original screenplay by Barry Gifford (WILD AT HEART). Heavily edited and barely released under the title DANCE WITH THE DEVIL by its American distributor, this unhinged erotic shocker has been hailed as “a splendidly irresponsible film” (Moira), “like Jodorowsky directing THE WILD BUNCH” (Film Threat) and “a movie of peyote-soaked surrealism and utter moral depravity” (AV Club).

PERDITA DURANGO screens at CinémaModerne on Sunday, June 30th at 9:00PM and Monday, July 17th at 9:00PM. Both screenings are free and open to the public."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!