Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Naschy Worship

Subkultur is not looking at those two films to complete their box set. Now if they get onto a second box.....

As I am helping Scream with their Naschy stuff I have reached out to Bill, but no replay to date.
    I'd be surprised if even a single Naschy gets out of the gate from CR in 2017.

https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lalala76 View Post
    Does anyone know when Code Red plan to release FURY OF THE WOLFMAN and VENGEANCE OF THE MUMMY? I've been buying the SUBKULTUR releases since they came out and would rather continue with that for continuity (if they released them) but I suspect that these now wont have English subs going forward.
    I think for now SUBKULTUR has three more Naschy titles in the works:

Blue Eyes of the Broken Doll
    Devil's Possessed
    A Dragonfly for Each Corpse

Quote Originally Posted by John Bernhard View Post
    Vincent Price sets 1 & 2 were also $79.99 and I paid $40 for #1 and $35 for #2.
    So pretty easy to get these for $10-$8 per film I'd guess, particularly if you do not mind waiting a bit.
    Naschy Box 1 and pre order for Box 2 are $44.78 in the current Shout site sale. ( sale is 30% off almost everything )
    Price will show in cart
    https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...roduct_id=6404

Update on Mondo's TRAVELER

Jared sharing the update over @ Bluray

THE BLOOD SPATTERED BRIDE and THE DEVIL INCARNATE (aka EL CAMINANTE):

Both will have brand new 4k scans from the original negative. Scans for both are done and the restoration work on BRIDE has now been completed, while work is ongoing with the Naschy film. But I expect that will be done soon as well.

The scanning of BSB turned up some long lost alternate scenes and even an alternate ending! Last I heard these scenes were lacking audio but they have still been restored and will be included in the extras.

We'll also have some new exclusive interviews: with Simon Andreu for BRIDE and David Rocha and Nascy's son Sergio Molina for CAMINANTE. I think we'll have a couple of critic/historian talking head interviews as well but can't confirm that right now.

Finally both will have brand new audio commentaries, BRIDE by Kat Ellinger and Samm Deighan of the excellent Daughters of Darkness podcast (and a ton of other cool projects), and THE DEVIL INCARNATE by Troy Howarth, author of the forthcoming book HUMAN BEASTS: THE FILMS OF PAUL NASCHY.

Troy H. sure is doing a lot of commentaries all of a sudden.

Afraid we are still just seeing the tip of the iceberg.

The Emperor's New Commentaries.

wow ... bava, argento, fulci, giallo, naschy this guy seems to be an internationally renowned scholar on everything!
    Troy Howarth, author of the forthcoming book "Baa! The history of Czech goat farming films."

I watched Inquisition not too long ago & liked it quite a bit. More restrained than I expected. I thought the image quality looked just fine despite a few scenes having some minor issues. Definitely doesn't look as awful as some complained. Definitely looking forward to EL CAMINANTE, which, I know nothing about.

Frankenstein's Bloody Terror will be showing in 3-D from a 35mm print at the Lightbox Theater in Philadelphia on 12/9/17 via Exhumed Films.

Also note the comments here...

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  63.2 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

They are saying no plans at present for a physical release, and that after Philly the film will make a few stops around the US.
    ( Please come to Boston and I don't mean Keith Carradine )

If Sam Sherman could release his re-worked reduction on DVD, I can't see why we won't see a 3D Blu at some point soon.

But there's the rub, the 3D version was apparently conformed to Sam's 78 min theatrical cut.
    First 2 reels gone and the werewolf violence is cut in half.

Having grown up with this version, which has never circulated outside of bootlegs since the TV showings wrapped up in the 80's,
    I was hoping to never see it again. Censored, cut down, goofy Frankenstein opener.

But in 3D interest re awakens.
    Sam has said the 3D version was shot separately from the flat version and consists of alternate takes, different set ups, angles ect.
    This should be fascinating to see flat, never mind in 3D.

A plus side is this should not interfere with Code Red's planned release.
    With this announcement there is a flurry of activity to ascertain if the complete 3D Spanish version still exists, but early vibes indicate Sammy cannibalized it back in 1971.