Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Gritty Realistic 70s Action/Dramas...

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Jane View Post
    I've been craving this genre lately. Stuff like Short Eyes, The Taking of Pelham 1,2,3 and Death Wish. Stuff like that. What are your favorites?
    Still watching a ton of 70s movies, but I didn't want to bore you all to death with my uninformative one-sentence reviews. By way of a summary update, I saw PELHAM for the first time and was pretty blown away.

Also REALLY impressed with ACROSS 110TH STREET. So much so that I sought out another film from the director: THE TODD KILLINGS. Kind of spot-checked it when I got it and it looked boring, but it turned out to be quite engrossing. Extra points for it being shot in Tujunga. Fits into that genre of "bi-sexual Manson-ish movies that co-star Holly Near" along with ANGEL, ANGEL, DOWN WE GO. You know, THOSE films.

Literally just finished watching PAYDAY, which was good, and even if it wasn't I would imagine it would interest many of you because it stars Rip Torn.

Have a bootleg of CRAZY JOE coming. It might not turn out to be great, but it has a lot of things going for it.

And I finally saw NIGHT OF THE JUGGLER, which was, of course, great. Criminal that it's not on disc.

Yes! NIGHT OF THE JUGGLER is sooo good. Crying shame there's no disc. I also really love ACROSS 110th STREET. Never thought to check out the directors other work. I should change that.
    "You're just gonna grow up to be another Fogerty!"

Love JUGGLER. Love to see a blu-ray

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Crist View Post
    Also REALLY impressed with ACROSS 110TH STREET. So much so that I sought out another film from the director: THE TODD KILLINGS. Kind of spot-checked it when I got it and it looked boring, but it turned out to be quite engrossing. Extra points for it being shot in Tujunga. Fits into that genre of "bi-sexual Manson-ish movies that co-star Holly Near" along with ANGEL, ANGEL, DOWN WE GO. You know, THOSE films.
    I really like Richard Thomas' performance in TODD KILLINGS. The scene where Skipper tries to get one of his groupies to bang him is pretty disturbing. This would make a good double-bill with RIVER'S EDGE.

I became interested in seeing TODD KILLINGS back in the '90s when I first heard this song by Angry Samoans: