Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Spit on your Grave.....2?

I Spit on your Grave.....2?

Wow,

over on the WIZARD VIDEO thread. the guy in the VHSCOLLECTOR video shows an email from Meir Zarchi which states he has made SPIT2 and is looking to release it later this year...

Anyone heard anything about this?

Is it even possible to make a follow up to that film today????

I HOPE HE IS NOT TALKING ABOUT THE SEQUEL TO LAST YEARS REMAKE...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2537176/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3
    Last edited by sukebanboy; 04-10-2013 at 02:43 AM.

I'd wager he is talking about a sequel to the remake, but haven't heard anything official.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    I'd wager he is talking about a sequel to the remake, but haven't heard anything official.
    Yeah...sounds likely......I mean, why bother when someone is handing you BIG checks to do that mainstream shite!!

The remake was a complete piece of shit made by idiots who didn't even understand what the original was about.

I'll never forget the director saying on the audio commentary that "the movie isn't really about rape". Uh, actually, it kinda IS.

Are they bringing back Sarah Butler? Looking forward to watching that anorexic stick of wood attempt to emote.

Quote Originally Posted by Horace Cordier View Post

Are they bringing back Sarah Butler? Looking forward to watching that anorexic stick of wood attempt to emote.
    Doesn't appear so...no...they have a different actress listed as main character....Same director though!

Did Meir Zarchi have anything to say about the remake?...Strange he must have liked it if he is on board for the sequel!....Surely HE must have said something while making the remake..like "erm, WTF are you doing to my story!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by sukebanboy View Post
    Doesn't appear so...no...they have a different actress listed as main character....Same director though!

Did Meir Zarchi have anything to say about the remake?...Strange he must have liked it if he is on board for the sequel!....Surely HE must have said something while making the remake..like "erm, WTF are you doing to my story!!!"
    Tell me about it man.

I'm a passionate defender of the original - it's a ballsy film with a brave performance by Keaton. It has its problems (mostly structural) but its a genuinely confrontational piece of work. I admire that.

The remake is freakshow crud with goofy sub-SAW setups and horrific one-liners. It ain't date night in my house when ISOYG the remake plays - its shoot the TV Elvis-style night.

Why Zarchi is allowing his legacy (because lets face it, nobody gives a rat's ass about DON'T MESS WITH MY SISTER) to be pissed on mystifies me. Can't he get even some minimal control over casting or script? Why won't the producers let him direct?

I just hope he's getting some decent cash.

It ain't date night in my house when ISOYG the remake plays - its shoot the TV Elvis-style night.
    now THAT is a quote to use on the front of ISOYG (original)

I can't really blame him...They would probably have made the shite cash-in either WITH or WITHOUT him...So he hopped on board and collected the cash...

At least I HOPE this is what happened...If later we discover an interview with Zarchi that says "yeah, so the remake is exactly the way i would have made the original if I had lots of cash and a decent lead actress"

I just hope he's getting some decent cash.
    You just answered your own question! Let's face it, it's not like he's been all that prolific... the original likely continues to sell based on its notoriety and remakes/sequels bring in large lump sums and then, yeah, more trickles from video sales, etc..

I don't think I've ever actually seen Don't Mess With My Sister...
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

So more on this courtesy of Fangoria.

"Anchor Bay announced today that the follow-up to the remake of Meir Zarchi’s notorious rape-revenge shocker is expected to be released in fall 2013. Steven R. Monroe encores as director on SPIT 2, which stars Jemma Dallender, presumably as another woman meting out grisly payback for wrongs against her (a plot synopsis has yet to be issued). “We had a great experience working with Lisa and Paul at CineTel on the 2010 remake,” says Kevin Kasha, Anchor Bay’s executive vice president, acquisitions and co-productions. “Both the fans and critics alike loved the film and we know that I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE 2 will deliver.”

“We’re thrilled to continue our association with Anchor Bay for I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE 2,” noted CineTel Films producer Lisa Hansen. “Anchor Bay was a true partner in their handling of the 2010 remake. We all knew that the die-hard fan base would be disappointed with anything less than the unrated version…the film had to be real, brutal, and honest. They walked that path lockstep with us and continue to do so as we shape the franchise.”

Note the use of the word franchise there, indicating that more sequels are possible?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

God help us.