Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Twin Peaks Coming To Blu-ray?

I also forgot Ted Raimi shows up in this for five minutes. Or maybe I just never noticed before.

Name:  BGtbJC4CAAAwpQb.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  30.1 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I rarely get into television shows. Most feel drawn out and I lose interest. I also like to know that there will be a decent ending if I'm going to commit a substantial amount of time. The way some shows get canceled abruptly often comprises the overall story. All that said, I discovered David Lynch a couple years back and decided to check out Twin Peaks. I've enjoyed the first six episodes but I am starting to lose interest. Seems like there are too many threads being layered in and a ton of characters still being introduced. I could see sticking with it if I knew there is a proper ending or resolution coming. Without spoiling could you tell if the original series wraps up well or does it just peter out. TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Jason C View Post
    Without spoiling could you tell if the original series wraps up well or does it just peter out. TIA
    That's genuinely tough to do, ha. S2 sort of wraps things up but it's also very weak compared to S1. S3 is on it's entirely own completely different level. And you have to factor the Secret History book into things too. And if you haven't seen Fire Walk With Me, nothing will make sense. I'd say if you like Lynch, stick it out.

S1 = classic
    S2 = meh
    Fire Walk With Me = classic
    S3 = holy shit
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

The basic premise of "Who Killed Laura Palmer" get's resolved somewhere in the middle (?) of season 2. After that the show meanders until the end of that season and ends on a giant (but awesome) cliffhanger. IMO, they should have ended it there. That was the initial story and after that you can tell they had no plans or direction for where it should. FWWM is great but tonally completely different than the series.

I was not a fan of Season 3.
    "You're just gonna grow up to be another Fogerty!"

I don't recommend it until you've seen the show and Fire Walk With Me, but there's a fanedit out there called Northwest Passage that only deals with the Laura Palmer story ac. I love Twin Peaks, but it's quite the curio to see

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    S2 = meh
    For the most part, I think the general consensus agrees. However, 4 of S2's 22 episodes were directed by Lynch, and they are all classics; diamonds in the rough if you please. And I still maintain that his season finale here ranks right up there with his very best stuff. Just sayin': don't write off the entire season as a loss, that's all.

S3 = holy shit
    Complete agreement here. Light years ahead of his contemporaries, just like his 90's era Twin Peaks work was way ahead of its time.

I think the pilot, FWWM, and Season 3 are all incredible. As for the original series, all the Lynch episodes are good but I can't say the same for the other directors. The first season is definitely better than the second, but even then when Lynch isn't directing it's a big step down. Of the episodes he didn't do, only the one with Laura's funeral holds up really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Headless Body View Post
    I think the pilot, FWWM, and Season 3 are all incredible. As for the original series, all the Lynch episodes are good but I can't say the same for the other directors. The first season is definitely better than the second, but even then when Lynch isn't directing it's a big step down. Of the episodes he didn't do, only the one with Laura's funeral holds up really well.

AYYYYYYYYEEEEMMMMENNNNNN!!!!