Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks Coming To Blu-ray?

People are complaining about the price (Even at 90 dollars, it's STEEP!) and I'm like "Whaaaatttttt?"

I paid 25 dollars for FWWM on VHS.
    I paid 60 dollars for Season 1 and 2 on VHS.
    I paid 10 dollars for the US Pilot on VHS.
    I paid 20 some-odd dollars for FWWM on DVD.
    I paid 75 dollars for the Gold Box with Seasons 1 and 2 and the pilot(s).

For less than half of that total, I'm getting EVERYTHING on blu-ray. In a world where some TV seasons go for 50 bucks on blu, to get 2 seasons (even if the first one is short), all of those extras (and apparently the discs are loaded with Easter Eggs), the film, and those motherfuckin DELETED SCENES from FWWM....score.

BTW, the amazon UK set, even after exchange and shipping, worked out to be 84 dollars, which means that it would've had to cost me about 75 dollars CAD to be equal.

^ WORD

Plus you get almost 90 minutes of new, lovingly restored deleted/extended footage.

Fuck those whiners.

Fuck em in the face. "I think I'll wait until this drops down to the 50-60 dollar range". Have fun with that.

Nice! I wish mine was here already.

As usual, amazon UK smokes amazon.ca for delivery speed, haha. My set arrived today. My system is set up for anywhere between 90 and 100 ms audio delay, which I find is pretty swell across the board. With that setting on, I noticed no delay whatsoever in the deleted scenes from Fire Walk With Me.

DAMN, there is a lot of stuff in this set. I started with the FWWM deleted scenes, then watched the film....it looks and sounds great, and the deleted scenes (90 minutes worth) are fantastic.

As mentioned, I got this from amazon.co.uk, which after exchange and shipping, worked out to 84 dollars CAD, or about 78 bucks US. Here, it would've been 119 plus our lovely 13 percent tax, almost 140 bucks. I'm happy with that decision. The only packaging difference seems to be that the discs themselves have the UK rating logos on them. The packaging is complex, and a pain in the ass, but it looks beautiful.

I've so far had no issues playing any of the SD content on the set, so it's PAL free. If you don't mind those UK stamps on the discs, this is a great way to get the set for much cheaper than up this way.

As is widely reported, the audio on season 9 seems to be about 100ms behind the video. Thankfully, my receiver allows me to correct that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    As is widely reported, the audio on season 9...
    Shit, my box is short 7 seasons!

I'm on disc 5 and spot checked FWWM and The Missing Pieces and haven't noticed any audio delays on my system.

Hahahaha, yeah, episode 9. Smartass.

Yeah I checked that ep. 9, it's slightly off in sections, but not consistently. And I'm not sure that I would have even noticed if someone didn't mention it. The transfer looks fantastic. I did notice that some of the montage sequences with lots of dissolves have much lower resolution because they were originally edited on video, instead a film optical printer process. A few of the effect shots are that way as well, because they are video generated. It's not too often that it happens, though, and it just has to do with the source material.
    Last edited by paul h.; 01-11-2015 at 06:51 PM.

Yeah, the first one i noticed was the one with the Bob face/owl superimposition. That one looks pretty lousy. But worth it for the trade off. That opening theme sounds amazing in lossless.