Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lone Wolf and Cub Omnibus

Lone Wolf and Cub Omnibus

Dark Horse is going to start re-releasing LONE WOLF AND CUB in massive 700+ page omnibuses Volume One collects Books 1 and 2 and some of Book 3, Volume Two collects the rest of Book 3 and all of Books 4 and 5. These will be slightly larger than the initial releases (5x7 instead of the original 4x6.)

Dark Horse is also finally going to release NEW LONE WOLF AND CUB (no word on when the first volume will be release.)

Been waiting forever for DH to come out with Shin LW&C & it's the same song and dance every time about licensing issues -- I'll believe it when I see it.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

You are right about that. They originally announced it like 7 years ago and I debated with myself about even mentioning it since it doesn't have a release date.

Would love to get my hands on these..

but like others have said, how long have they been announcing them?

I'm down for some omnibus sets. I never got into the smaller format versions - too many tiny books to store. Give me some big, fat collections and I'm happy.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Even as omnibuses, it is going to take 11 or 12 books to collect the the series.

I have the entire series already, and would love to upgrade to a better presentation. However, these new editions are only slightly bigger so I'm on the fence about this. I love the series though and also might end up supporting the new reprint in hopes that it will help the sequel series finally get published in the US.

The only omnibus collection that I have is Takehiko Inoue's ongoing VAGABOND Viz Big series and they are quite nice but since this LW&C reprint is only going to be slightly larger -- I fail to see the point.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

I imagine that they are going to discontinue the original books and use these to help publicize/sell the NEW LONE WOLF AND CUB books.

About the size, I was reading a post on another forum from someone that worked on Dark Horse's original LW&C books and they said that they scanned the Japanese books for their release, so unless they get access to better materials, it is unlikely that they'll be able to release it any larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick King View Post
    Even as omnibuses, it is going to take 11 or 12 books to collect the the series.
    I'd rather that than 10-20x that amount in smaller books that don't fit on my shelves as nicely.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!