Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grindhouse Releasing announce slate of blu-ray releases

Inside sources have confirmed to me that all of this is legit.
    Bob is making up for lost time!

Quote Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
    The press release makes no mention of MMS...
    Oh, I know. What I'm saying is that we were supposed to be getting that one 10 years ago...8 years ago, GONE WITH THE POPE was on the way. That's all I wanted...and that's not even going to happen.

Mark you have more than I already have, I highly doubt that any other version of MMS will be release except that special edition you dislike.

I recently read a retrospective on The Swimmer in Cinema Retro, so I'm actually pretty excited to catch that one, as well as Scum of the Earth and The Big Gundown. I had been meaning to purchase Franco Cleef's restoration, but always put it off, so will definitely throw down on Grindhouse's BD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    Well, I hope that your faith is enough to bring it out.

Really, I just want GONE WITH THE POPE and MASSACRE MAFIA STYLE. AMERICAN HIPPIE is just SUCH a bad film, it's unbelievable. :D But Duke Mitchell is what started this Grindhouse infatuation of mine, and I'm still pissed about the "Special Edition" that I bought...I would very much like a nice blu-ray print.
    Can I +1000 this? The "special edition" of MMS and the subsequent "extra disc" debacle irked me so much that I refused to send those crooks 5 bucks or whatever it was for the supplement disc that should have been included in the first run of the set. They slapped customers in the face, and then pretty much asked for people to say "please sir, can I have another?". In Duke Mitchell style, I'll extend them a middle finger.

That being said, I too would love a good Blu print of this, and would pay good money for it. Same thing with GWTP. Grindhouse will have my money DAY ONE when they finally get around to releasing these. Whenever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    Oh, I know. What I'm saying is that we were supposed to be getting that one 10 years ago...8 years ago, GONE WITH THE POPE was on the way. That's all I wanted...and that's not even going to happen.
    ...but wait! Grindhouse has some other titles you might be interested in, Mark!

Channeling KITH alum Kevin McDonald's character, The King Of Empty Promises: "I just feel terrible about this....tell you what, I'll release MMS and GWTP as a double feature with hours of extras, m'kay? Totally slipped my minnnnnnd".

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    I will say no more except this - I understand why those who have lost faith have lost faith, but this time, I have faith where in the past I have not.
    I'm reading between the lines here, Ian, and I may or may not be right, as I have zero knowledge of the situation, but you've put this in a tactful way. Thanks!

Grindhouse Releasing announce slate of blu-ray releases

I'm just not all that obsessed with Duke Mitchell to get all that worked up over this. I'm far more interested in HIPPIE and especially CORRUPTION. I'll pick up POPE as soon as it is available because I like it but I can live with the kinda crappy MASSACRE MAFIA STYLE if I have to.

If I have ANYTHING to bitch about it is ROME ARMED TO THE TEETH. It's my favorite Italian cop flick and Grindhouse have not mentioned it anywhere on their slate. But we all have our own pet films - I just hope Grindhouse really are back in business.

American Hippie is a terrible movie...not sure where all the want for that title is coming form..........

This is great news! Hopefully they'll eventually get to a 'I Drink Your Blood' Blu along with 'The Beyond' and titles that yet to have a release(or a quality one at least...) in the US. The Massacre Mafia Style DVD has been sitting on my shelf for years now and have yet to put it due to all the bad reviews. I know I'll eventually get to watching it sometime soon, though I hope GR plan to release it next year or so.